Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever lived in a haunted house?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just curious how many parents out there have ever experienced living somewhere haunted? I have only experienced something paranormal once.

I would like to hear your stories

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
miracle0618
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I've lived in a haunted house. I was about 4 yrs old i remember. I remember in the kitchen my silverware would float in the air and then if like someone threw them at me it was scary. And there was this little boy in there it was creepy. To many things happened in that house. And to top that the street sounded scary/creepy lol it's name is drexel lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I have almost always lived in homes that had activity. The place we live in now had a fair bit.

blueeyes2000
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM

When I lived in my grandma's house which is an old school house at night the closet door would open and close and the light would get turned on and off.

Now with my son who is three he was in the bedroom one night and I ran to the bathroom. All I heard was him screaming. I asked him what happened and he said a little boy came in the room and made sounds. My little cousin has also seen this little boy.

It's never done anything mean just wants to visit.

timefor2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM

nope

barneysaid
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Absolutely!!! My dad's backyard was an old Chinese cemetery and I would be so scared to be alone. I would hear all sorts of strange noises. I still get scared thinking about it. 

Right now in my home, I hear footsteps walking around or sometimes I think I see a shadow figure in the corner of my eye or the feeling that someone is watching you. Sometimes I hear people talking outside and I'll walk out....and no one in sight. One time I was so upset with my SO, I pulled up on the driveway and I swear I seen him standing there so I came in and asked him, Why didn't you wait for me....and it was never him he was sitting watching tv... 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

The house I live in has been haunted. Everyone in my family who have lived in the US has lived in this house so it's rich with family history and belongings. When I 1st moved in as owner I was 21 (now 40) and I would come in the backdoor to hear 2 ladies talking in the kitchen, no one was ever there, no message on the answering machine, no radio or tv on, but I know it was my grandma and great grandma. They were here a long time. I would hear them talking all the time. Once when my dd was 1, she was playing in the living room and I had just come up from doing laundry, I sat on a chair in the adjacent room and was watching her. She looked at the couch, which I couldn't see, picked up a large book and walked to the couch, looking over the book smiling and a hand reached out and grabbed the top of the book to steady it. She was looking straight at whoever it was so I leaned to see and no one was there. I thought it was my other grandma who lived a block away and would often come over to visit us. But I know who's hand it was. It was my grandma who passed away, who would talk in the kitchen. I miss them, haven't seen or heard them in many years.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Yes, I have.

My story is quite simple. We stopped what was happening by leaving the apartment. I coldn't take it anymore.

aprilz1225
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I ahve lived in a few... the house my parents bought when i was five.. I picked the biggest kids' room (only girl and oldest) it was the "red room... i was 5 you could hear something song down the attic steps in my room to the attic door and shake the handle. no one took me serious. then i changed rooms both my brother at 16 and 13 yrs old tried the room they lasted a week.. when i walk past the door i look down and lean against the other wall to get by.. my brother made that observation. One time the youngest 18 now my younger brother 22 and me newly divorced at 25 refuse to stay there alone if one took off we all did and you know when we were alone all lights on.. people walking down the stairs and hall.. one day justic.. My MOM who thaought we were nuts.. was at the house with me.. my brothers were out she heard some one go up the stairs and down the hall. That must be your brothers (i just laughted).. she upend the door and yelled for them... they came in the front door on the other side of the room.. She said ok you guys arenot nuts!..

My ex and i lived in one.. we lost many pregs.. a ball in the baby's room would bounce, our dog would bark in a random spot at nothing. the thrown would flush. by brother saw two children calling our dog in one night he left the door open in the summer while we were gone so she could go in and out as pleased.

now .. remarried.. been pinched, scrached i think out of attention. shadows on the stair steps.. sorry so long but i have more. these things have been going on since i was little to me.

Shelly126
by Michele on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Quoting AmyL3469:

i totally believe you! OMG what a story, sorry you and your family had to live through that. Thankfully you are all healthy and happy now. Good luck to you and thanks for Sharing your story!
lnrmom
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM

The day my grandmother passed away, in a completely different state, my tv stopped working. I waited about a week - mainly because I just wasn't feeling like doing much of anything - and set it on the ground to put a new tv in there. I'm sitting there watching tv then all of a sudden the old tv popped back on.... to the church channel (no idea why it was still plugged in). I wasn't near the remote for that tv, nobody else in the house. It was pretty freaky. That tv worked just fine for several years afterwards.

I had another situation in a house I lived in as a kid. I had the room at the end of the hallway. I was laying on my bed and something caught my eye down the hall, it was a little old lady walking down the hallway. She turned and looked at me, I jumped up slammed the door and hid under the covers til I heard everyone get up. I have no idea why I hid under the covers, or felt that slamming the door would keep me safe, but... whatever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)