Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever lived in a haunted house?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just curious how many parents out there have ever experienced living somewhere haunted? I have only experienced something paranormal once.

I would like to hear your stories

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
Emiliush
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:03 PM

FIRST I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PICTURE- VERY ADORABLE.

I was at my ex house one night and the radio turned on very loud and was playing christmas songs on and off and like someone changing to a different christams while the song played. everyone was deep in sleep and I couldnt wake anyone up. i was scared to death. it was really wierd!!!

and he was telling me how the tv just turned on and when he went to his room the tv turned off and then he was about to leave and it turned back on again. and when he was younger he thought that his younger brother was jumping on his bed, but when he got out of the covers he didn't see anyone and his brother wasnt even home, and his parents were downstares.

Jessica0930
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Aw thank you! :) He is quite the little ham if I might add. :) Thats creepy! I think the scariest thing in a place that has paranormal stuff going on is when things turn on and off. Freak sme out. I might have watched to many scary movies haha

Quoting Emiliush:

FIRST I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PICTURE- VERY ADORABLE.

I was at my ex house one night and the radio turned on very loud and was playing christmas songs on and off and like someone changing to a different christams while the song played. everyone was deep in sleep and I couldnt wake anyone up. i was scared to death. it was really wierd!!!

and he was telling me how the tv just turned on and when he went to his room the tv turned off and then he was about to leave and it turned back on again. and when he was younger he thought that his younger brother was jumping on his bed, but when he got out of the covers he didn't see anyone and his brother wasnt even home, and his parents were downstares.

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Thanks a lot. I don't like to talk about it.. It's freaky.

Quoting Shelly126:

Quoting AmyL3469:

i totally believe you! OMG what a story, sorry you and your family had to live through that. Thankfully you are all healthy and happy now. Good luck to you and thanks for Sharing your story!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Zawifey
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM

When I was stationed in Germany, the barracks we lived in was an old nazi barracks. I heard weird footstep's on the roof and sometimes in my room. Several people claimed to see a little girl in the basement while on CQ duty, I never saw her and never wanted to. I was so happy when I moved out of there.

Jessica0930
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM

That is inane! But actually really cool too! I don't like experiencing anything paranormal but the history behind that place is pretty neat. :) Thanks for sharing you story.

Quoting Zawifey:

When I was stationed in Germany, the barracks we lived in was an old nazi barracks. I heard weird footstep's on the roof and sometimes in my room. Several people claimed to see a little girl in the basement while on CQ duty, I never saw her and never wanted to. I was so happy when I moved out of there.

jessedark
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Almost every place I've ever lived was haunted.The house I was born in was haunted, a bird froze to death in the basement in the middle of June in Chicago.My mother told me I said I was talking to my grandfather, her father in an empty room, he died a few months before I was born.I've worked in several motels and hotels that were haunted including one where the entire room disappeared, just a black space was where the room was.I've just seen weird things all my life, I just deal with it.But two of the weirdest things happened in a motel in TX.I was cleaning a room and saw a man behind me in a mirror, I turned to say something and realized that he was gone from the waist down and dressed as a Spanish Conquistador.He disappeared right through the outside door and so did I as fast as I could! In the same room I later saw a Wells Fargo chest brimming with paper money and gold coins.I didn't touch it.After living with all I've seen you learn one thing real fast, YOU NEVER TOUCH SUCH THINGS! Because when they disappear and they will, you don't want to go where the object is going!

jdsmell7
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

No but I know some peoplE who have....I must admit that I've had some brushes w/ spirits or supernatural experiences since my mom & grandmother have passed

wifeynmommie80
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM

We did when I was a little girl, it was a lady in a black dress with white flowers. Hair in a bun. Mid 30s-40s.  But our house now yes, One time I thought someone broke in our house because I could hear someone in the kitchen moving things around but there was noone there, then one night I woke up and my son was sleeping beside me and there was an apparition floating over us. I remember gasping saying Rick Rick wake up and it literally flew right out the bedroom door.  This one hates opened cabinets so if you leave a cabinet open it will slam it shut. And has constantly sits down on the bed. Also will tug at your toes or poke you while your standing in the kitchen. Normally I would probably be terrified but it was a similar instance when I was a girl growing up in this old farmhouse.  Minor wierd things. The "ghost" also tends to stay in the guest room, thats where we see the most activity.

Jessica0930
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM

It almost sounds like a jokester ghost. Just likes to play games and weird people out. Thats really weird tho. honestly my husband and I are buying our first house. I am hoping that nothing weird goes on there. or bad I should say. I can handle weird but I can't handle anything really scary.

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

We did when I was a little girl, it was a lady in a black dress with white flowers. Hair in a bun. Mid 30s-40s.  But our house now yes, One time I thought someone broke in our house because I could hear someone in the kitchen moving things around but there was noone there, then one night I woke up and my son was sleeping beside me and there was an apparition floating over us. I remember gasping saying Rick Rick wake up and it literally flew right out the bedroom door.  This one hates opened cabinets so if you leave a cabinet open it will slam it shut. And has constantly sits down on the bed. Also will tug at your toes or poke you while your standing in the kitchen. Normally I would probably be terrified but it was a similar instance when I was a girl growing up in this old farmhouse.  Minor wierd things. The "ghost" also tends to stay in the guest room, thats where we see the most activity.

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Thankfully I have not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)