Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever lived in a haunted house?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just curious how many parents out there have ever experienced living somewhere haunted? I have only experienced something paranormal once.

I would like to hear your stories

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (41-50):
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I'm pretty sure I would pee myself if I suddenly heard random laughter!

Quoting BEXi:

I have lived in one. We moved into the house when I was two. After awhile everyone in the house started experiencing little noises that couldnt be explained. We would hear what sounded like children running up/down the stairs and no one was there. Foot steps and a male laugh coming from the attic.

We had a shelf on the wall above our couch in the living room. The shelf had a Virgin Mary statue and would randomly fall for no reason whenever someone was sitting below it.

Since I was so young when we moved there, I dont really remember this part.. but my mom told me that I would always talk about seeing a lady and talking about how nice she was.

My father had a priest come in and bless the house and us kids. We never had experiences after that unless there was extreme stress in the home. Like one time my brother lived on his own and had a bunch of friends over. One of them randomly hung themselves in my brothers shed and my brother was the one who found him. He moved back home for a bit because he couldnt stay in his house anymore. The footsteps and laughter came back during that time he was there.

The last time it happened we were moving and on the last day we were loading up the moving truck my sister and I were inside the house doing a last sweep if we got everything when we heard the laughter again. It was a lot louder that time too. We just booked it out of the house and never went back inside.

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Oh my gosh. How scary! :( Glad your family was ok though. Sorry about your kitties!

Quoting AmyL3469:

Okay, since a few people asked lol. I guess I'll tell you guys. I'm not making it up at all, but I totally understand if no one believes me! It's crazy.

So, at the time my mom was living with my family and me. We moved into a 3 bedroom apartment big enough for the 5 of us, husband, me, my mom, our 15 month old, and newborn daughter. My daughter had her own room for the time being since the baby was in with my husband and I. Every night just about, she would wake up SCREAMING and just stare at one wall in her room like she saw the worst thing one can imagine. We'd calm her down, she'd go back to sleep.

Things always happened to me, hurt me, things would move, shower would go from scalding hot to freezing cold, only for me, no one else. We saw things move, heard things move, you name it. At the time though, we never really said anything to one another about it because it was just too weird.

There was a lot of tension and fighting between the adults, both girls were fussy and cranky.

After living there like this for about 2 months, if even that long, we had a fire. The kids and I were sleeping, my mom was in the bathroom getting ready for work, husband and his cousin were working on our car outside when they smelled smoke. Hubby comes running inside waking us all up, screaming to get out. By that point, the apartment was full of smoke---no alarms going off. Full of smoke to the point you can't see 2 feet in front of you.

He grabbed our newborn who was sleeping in her playpen in the living room.  I went to get our older who was in her room. I almost died holding her in her bed. We were trapped for a while.

Firetrucks, ambulances come, you name it. Hectic craziness. I go back inside afterwards, against what they told me to do.. they didn't recommend it, but my cats were in there,  I had to. They actually passed away holding one another on our couch.

Where did the fire start? The wall my daughter stared at every night. It originated somewhere between the downstairs apartment and ours. That wall. 

I know this seems crazy or silly, but it was truly scary in that place. I honestly believe that it was the "good" forces driving out the "bad" in the house and away from my family. I believe it this way because I feel if it was that bad trying to drive us away, it would stop at nothing to get us.

I haven't had uneasy feelings anywhere we've lived or stayed since moving. This was around 2 years ago. We are happy, healthy, and have moved on from this.

aakeiser
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Most of the places I lives had some kind of ghost..I lived with my sister à while back and her house was haunted. She couldnt figure out why her daughter wouldnt sleep in her room up stairs. The house had an appartement and When I moved in her husband tore down the wall for I could get to the main house which made my room next to my nièces. I could hear talking at night and telles at my nièce to go to bed, or I could hear someone walking around. I would go yell at my nièce and she was sound à sleep..the house I live in Now has à few ghost. i can smell menthal cigs. I dont smoke..hear mises, kids dont want to sleep with out a night light.one night I was walking around and saw à shadow run to my front door..dh was at work, and kids sound à sleep. Things come up missing and show up in ODD spots..we lost à cat and he was white and fluffy. That weekend after his death I had a couple friends over and one had her daughter. The girl went by my daughter room and she saw a white cat in the room. She asked When did we get à new white cat. Us adults stop talking and I Saïd we didnt..so I even have pets that passed on haunting me..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nelliesmommy
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I have always had spirits around me, no matter where I go or where I live. It doesn't bother me unless I'm in a paranoid mood. They don't hurt me. Sometimes things will be moved out of place, I look for it and it isn't there, minutes later I'll go back and it's there.

kaylawatkins
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I live in a haunted house now things fly into the room when no one is around had many people leave my house crying and say they wont come back. My kids which are 2 and 1point to things and get scared. Then after they say whos that is when noises happen and hear talking and i live in a brick home sitting on four acers of land... Theres nopeople close enough for me to hear them talking. My house was built in the fortys only two owners and they say no one died there or no one has heard things thought i was crazy at first until we had a gettogether alot of people came and the light bulbs started shattering and sounded like people running up both sets of my steps at the same time. Thats when i realized its not just me... And people clame that when they enter my home they feel sick and there chest hurts ive felt that way before to...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Once, never beleived until then. Sometimes i still try to explain it away but it dosent work. It was a typical ghost story, that your taught isnt real until you experiance it and relize those scary movies are realier than you thought!! It started with every picture we took had those "orbs" which normally is just made by light, but nomatter where(in the house) the pic was taken, what camera, or lighting, they were always there, right by the heads too. Then my little brother started talking to his closet. He was 4, we thought he was just being a normal kid with a imaginary friend. The door to the attic was also in his closet. My mom and I are both diggers, we love finding old or just unusual stuff, in the attic we found lots of old but normal things, old signs, checks (we guessed the people owned some sort of bussines) All dating to the late 1800's early 1900's. The house wasnt that old though so theres no way to tell who or when they were put there. But we found school books, one book a old math book i think it was? anyways, someone had written in the front cover something really creepy, i wish i could rember what.... i'd have to ask my mom. Soon after that, one night i was having the worst nightmare ever when i woke up because the hallway light had turned on and my mom was yelling for me, when i opened my eyes they were still hazy but i saw someone in my door way, i assumed it was her, closed my eyes and streched to wake up to see what she wanted. When i reopened my eyes noone was there, so i went to find her, She said she heard wispering and footsteps, she thought i was sneaking out (i was only 14 at the time) Being the smartass I was i rolled my eyes and said "you seriously made me get up and come downstairs for this, couldnt you just see i was in bed when you were in my doorway?"...She looks at me funny and swears she never took one step up the stairs. The figure was to big to be my brother. Never could explain any of it, but that was the last expriance we had in that house before we moved a few months later.

LACHESIS
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM

My sister passed in the house I live in. My now 5 year old, was 3 when she passed. He would see and talk to her. It went on for over a year. I smell her presence (hard to explain). I know she is watching over us.

Jessica0930
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Could you be living on an old indian reservation? Or an old cemetary? I have been told sometimes that happens if someone built a house on something like that. Also has anyone done any sort of trying to communicating with the dead before you moved in? That also can bring bad things into the home.

Quoting kaylawatkins:

I live in a haunted house now things fly into the room when no one is around had many people leave my house crying and say they wont come back. My kids which are 2 and 1point to things and get scared. Then after they say whos that is when noises happen and hear talking and i live in a brick home sitting on four acers of land... Theres nopeople close enough for me to hear them talking. My house was built in the fortys only two owners and they say no one died there or no one has heard things thought i was crazy at first until we had a gettogether alot of people came and the light bulbs started shattering and sounded like people running up both sets of my steps at the same time. Thats when i realized its not just me... And people clame that when they enter my home they feel sick and there chest hurts ive felt that way before to...

Pammi86
by Pamela on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I grew up in a house for the first 15 years of my life that had many troubling things happen. Once we moved, a lot changed for us and my amily. All in good ways!

almondpigeon
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM

this might get a little long, but i'll try to keep it brief:

when i was in the 5th grade, we moved to a new house.  it was very big & very old.  my bedroom was actually a relatively recent addition to the house.  i think it had been a porch or car port at one time.  the door that separated my bedroom from the kitchen was the original exterior door.  there was a tiny room beside of mine that had the washer/dryer and the actual back door.  (making sense so far??)  we lived there for a while with no problems.  6 months or so after living there, my mom decided to go in the attic to see what was up there.  after that, things started getting weird.  we would smell cooking food all the time even when there was nothing on the stove.  things would disappear from my room all the time.  the weirdest thing that disappeared was my training bra.  i only had one at the time & it completely disappeared.  we tore the house apart looking for it.  the next day, it was smoothed out on my bed.  my mother had no idea how it got there.  then, the door between my room and the laundry room would be open every morning....not only that, but the back door in the laundry room would also be open. by that point, we all agreed we lived in a haunted house, but for some reason, i wasn't the least bit scared.  early christmas morning, i woke up and tip toed in the kitchen.  i could see the living room & christmas tree from the kitchen. i could see a woman in a white nightgown kneeling in front of the tree. i was still half asleep & assumed it was my mom.  i called out to her & the woman turned her head to face me.  slow motion is the best way to describe her movement and then when she was facing me, SHE HAD NO FACE.  i freaked out completely and started screaming.  she faded to nothing.  it was the scariest thing i have ever witnessed.  after that, we started questioning the neighbors and found out that my bedroom had been added to acommodate the original owner when she was sick.  when she died, she was taken out of the house through the back door next to my room.  i can only assume it was her ghost that i saw.  we had the house blessed and never had any other activity. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)