Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

vbac vs. scheduled c-section

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM
  • 14 Replies
Had a dr appt today with the dr who deliver ds via emergence c-section. He asked if I had decided to try vbac or just go with another c-section. I've been thinking and can't decide. The paper he gave me outlined the risks of each. The one im mainly worried about is the risk of uterine rupture during an attempted vbac. I know the risks of c-section. With ds, my incision opened approx 2 inches on each end and I got a nasty staph infection. With a scheduled c-section the risk of infection goes down vs emergency c-section. Opinions and past experiences are welcome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I've only had 1 csection and had no problems.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:41 PM

My first c-section was planned so it went smooth and slow.  So slow and smooth that my OB was able to wait until she took my son out of my uterus before breaking his water sac.  We had a really nice, easy recovery.

I'm having my second planned c-section in two weeks.  I am hoping for the same results.

That being said, if you WANT a vaginal birth, I'd go ahead.  The risk of uterine rupture is super small.

louzannalady
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Here are some resources. I hope they help!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117811/forums/read/17328192/To_VBAC_or_to_Repeat_C_section?use_mobile=0

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM

My first c-section was a horrifying experience. My incision opened on each side as well and had to be packed with gauze until it closed (hurt like hell) I had so much scar tissue that my 2nd child had to be delivered via c-section. With this baby, I just feel more comfortable having another c-section. I would like to experience natural childbirth but, because the risks are so high if I try a VBAC, that I rather not risk it and just have a 3rd c-section.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I know someone that had 3 VBAC after a C section and was perfectly fine.

sjk110402
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I had 3 c sections, after my first emergency c section, the recovery was horrible!!  The second one was easier and the third one was the easiest.  I think they get easier as you go and since you have already had one you know what to expect.  I personally would have another c section because you wont be too exhausted after the birth to enjoy your baby and you dont have to worry about tearing your uterus(small percentage) or being cut to get the baby out(perinium tearing).  In the end its up to you though, Good Luck!

momma1225
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I had a vbac 4 months ago... LO was 10lbs... I was terrified of  uterine rupture  but everything was fine... perfect birth and healthy baby. they monitor you the whole time so they no if ur  uteris ruptures   by the babys heart rate dropping.

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Vbacs are amazing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I have not had one....but I do hope everything works out for you....

Shaybay218
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Honey I had 3 csections and i'm just fine...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN