Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

mom to a 3month old

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 8 Replies
im a first time mom to a 3 month old daughter trying to get her on a bottle but she keeps refusing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Welcome!!!!  Are you weaning?

MamaMoopsie
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Welcome to the group. Is it formula or breast milk in the bottle? If you're trying to switch to breastmilk in the bottle it's a waiting game, honestly. She'll eat it when she's truly hungry. If you're switching from breastmilk to formula, you might try making two ounces of formula and then adding pumped breastmilk so the texture is more palatable.

mommy21togirl
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM
im not weaning im jst bf and would like for her to take a bottle so husband can help out once in awhile but she wont take a bottle even tho its pumped breastmilk and i tryed formula too
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Welcome.

SuperMommy22
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Who is trying to give her the bottle? You or dad? She may not want to take one from you because she knows you have the boobies. :)  I had my husband give both of our children their first bottles (breastmilk @ about 2-3 mo.) and they both took it fine, it might help if Dad gives her the bottle.

Quoting mommy21togirl:

im not weaning im jst bf and would like for her to take a bottle so husband can help out once in awhile but she wont take a bottle even tho its pumped breastmilk and i tryed formula too

breebree04
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I bottle and bf right from the get go so I wouldnt have to deal with this situation, so sorry no advice but heres a bump

gabwest
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Try have someone else give her the bottle besides you! She is so used to your boob so of course that's what she prefers. She knows you have a boob so she is not understanding why you want to give the bottle to her instead! Good luck! I hope that works for you!
kali_mom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I would even encourage Dad to do skin to skin to help make the connection while he gives her the bottle. Try it little by little and hang in there!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)