Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

tired of hearing about autism through vaccines

Posted by   + Show Post

vaccines were never proved to cause or lead to autism in any way and it is ridiculous some people are risking their children's health by not getting them vaccinated.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Replies (11-14):
SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM

There's been some evidence that Wakedield was framed. Also, that's not the only study that has shown a connection. There is research showing that the aborted fetal cells in some vaccines is linked to Autism, not the mercury which is what Wakefield thought. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

The vaccine/autism connection isn't one that's ever really concerned me but it doesn't bother me when others care about that.  The safety of vaccines has never been proven or even studied.

DixieFlower
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

First and foremost vaccines do not 100% prevent anything they are given for. As proven by the measles outbreak in Florida "Mesles outbreak in vaccinated children" Second the MMR contains a weakened live virus which can give your child measles or the virus can shed and your vaccinated child can now spread measles for a certain time after they've been vaccinated. I actually got measles after a booster vaccination exactly one week after the booster.  Third there has been a study that talks about how vaccines may cause a child who is predispositions to Autism to end up with Autism. That the vaccine "triggers" Autism.  Now with all that being said I do vaccinate my children however, we practice delayed vaccinations.  What I feel is right for my children though may not be right for another family. If I was in a different living situation I'd probably also selectively vaccinate. Each family needs to do their own research and determine what's best for their family.

Megz93
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM
2 moms liked this
even if the study were true, I would rather have an autistic child than a dead one. and it's hard to prove that the vaccines "trigger" autism as opposed to other things (how do we know it wouldn't have happened anyway?). I think people tend to blame vaccines just because most kids get them so it LOOKS like a cause, when it might have nothing to do with it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN