Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Crying for days and need help finding answers

Posted by   + Show Post

Can anyone give me some links to laws in Michigan? i have been shruggingdesperately looking for answers to help keep my kids safe at home with me till their father realizes that what goes on in his household is hurting our boys.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Replies (11-14):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM

hugs

momoftwo902
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:26 AM

what qualiies for a change in the custody papers? how do i go about getting an emergenc exparte order without a lawyer? and if i keep themhome on his time because i feel they are un safe what can he do?

Quoting splatz:

If you provide some more information maybe we can help. But your post is sort of vague. What kind of laws are you needing?

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Google domestic violence shelters in your area. Even if there isn't one super close one in your state will have lots of answers, referrals, and services.
In cases like this they would be able to give you the best advice on what to do. They can also walk you through the restraining order process. You do not need a lawyer. Just go to your local court house and ask to file. If you feel like your children are not safe file for a restraining order (or emergency temporary custody) for them as well. I was able to file for emergency custody and the restraining order all on one sheet by filing a restraining order for my son and my self.

Quoting momoftwo902:

what qualiies for a change in the custody papers? how do i go about getting an emergenc exparte order without a lawyer? and if i keep themhome on his time because i feel they are un safe what can he do?

Quoting splatz:

If you provide some more information maybe we can help. But your post is sort of vague. What kind of laws are you needing?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WandaSue
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:30 PM

sorry mama. here's a bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)