Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Baby Fever

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

It's been pretty much decided that my husband and I will only be having one child, she is 17months old.  We have discussed this and have pretty much agreed on this.  But lately I have been thinking otherwise and now am wanting another baby.  I talked about this with my husband and he is stuck on only having one child.  Now what??

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ajms2012
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

This is a hard one. I would say maybe make a list of how your life would be different of having another baby. What I mean is sit down with your husband and make a list of how much it would change your life. Finacialy, home wise, how much more work will there be, how will your first child react. Also ask yourself are you only having this feeling because your baby is growing up? I also had this question when my daughter was 6 months, I was so sad she was growing up and wanted another baby, even though we agreed to wait untile are daughter was 2. (shes 1 now) 

I hope this helps. 

Jshutty
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the supportive reply.  This is a great idea.  Thanks again!!

insanemomof4
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Well im not gonna be much help cuz ive got 4 kids. But give ur hubby time to let what u w.nt sink in. Approach him in a week or so n ask maybe he will have a change of heart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Your child is only 17 months. Wait a few years, then talk to hub again.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Try talking with him again...

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:23 PM

The feelings might pass. Every once in a while I get baby fever but then my dd does something and that baby feeling goes right out the window.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I would wait a little and then ask again.

mommyof2andTTC
by Alicia on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Ha I had it too... well still do... I was dead set AGAINST having any more kids... we have 2... my husband wants like 12 lol... oh hell no to that... but then I got baby fever... our youngest is 4... now I'm thinking I'm pregs cause I got the symptoms... but still got 3 days to wait to test...

Mommy of 2 girls & TTC #3 twin girls & baby dust

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)