Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Nurses or Docs or anyone with suggestions I'm in pain!!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 11 Replies
I went to lift my 4 yr old into the car this morning and quickly put him right back down, excruciating pain went thru my lower back- not sure if I've pulled something or what. Told my son he would have to climb in himself. I managed to get him to daycare and get to work but it's hurting bad, hurts to walk or straighten up much. Suggestions? My pelvic area is hurting a bit to but not sure about that as it's that time of month too. I took 2 advil but no relief yet. Thoughts - suggestions please!!!??

Robin

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SoontobaMom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Chiropractor

Quoting MommaB0334:

I went to lift my 4 yr old into the car this morning and quickly put him right back down, excruciating pain went thru my lower back- not sure if I've pulled something or what. Told my son he would have to climb in himself. I managed to get him to daycare and get to work but it's hurting bad, hurts to walk or straighten up much. Suggestions? My pelvic area is hurting a bit to but not sure about that as it's that time of month too. I took 2 advil but no relief yet. Thoughts - suggestions please!!!??

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I would see a Dr.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Lay down on the floor with your lower legs on the couch. The edge should hit the crook of your knees. That will relieve some pressure. And be gentle on it for a few days, try some ice and warm compresses. No lifting. If it still hurts as bad on Thursday , go see your doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I would try a heating pad, every few hours you can switch back and forth between tylenol and advil. A hot shower. Good luck, back pain sucks!

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I would say chiro :) I fell on the skating rink and threw a disk out hurt like hell but after a few weeks of getting it adjusted it felt 1000x better
OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:31 PM
See a doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM
So sorry, I hope you are feeling better soon.
Crysrey1
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Go see a chiro!
momamanda
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:59 PM

sounds like you pulled your back out!. I did that once a couple years ago. It hurt really bad for about 2-3 days then took at week to completly go away. Therma patch helped alot. and heating pads

Cooperfamily
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM
all i can say is hope you feel better soon. i am in the same boat but my injuries are more severe, but i know your pain. i would go to the er for pain relief or see a chiropractor. although none of these things worked for my injures, i know everyones body is different. i truly hope you get some relief, i dont wish this kind of pain on anyone...i will keep you in my prayers....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)