Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Serious Phobia!?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:47 PM
  • 35 Replies

I was just curious if any moms out there had/have a phobia of something? Mine is Emetophobia. It is a fear of vomit. I am okay with spit up. But when it comes to stomach bugs and actual throw up I freak out. At one point in my life I told myself i would never have kids because of the fear and i didnt want to put them through my phobia. It controls my everyday life and I have tried to get help but honestly I have been looked at as rediculous. I dont know how to get rid of it. Does anyone other moms have the same phobia? Or a different phobia? How do you handle it?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I think my only phobia is bats omg omg I can't deal with that.

maria848
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Hello Iam maria848. I dont know if you believe in the Lord. Give your fear to the lord he is there for you. Dont let satan get the best of you thats just what he wants hes a liar and a thief sickness comes from satan he thrives on it dont let him win. Pray and ask got to take this fear from you and I will pray for you as well the Lord knows who you are god is our rock and he loves us God says ask and you shall recieve. he died for our sins thats how much he loves us  Take care and God Bless.

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM
When I was a little girl, I used to be terrified of balloons, mostly because I didn't like the popping sound, and also fireworks. When I was a baby, my brother popped a giant balloon and it ended up traumatizing me. They don't bother me anymore, but sometimes the pop makes me a bit uncomfortable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessica0930
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I am a very strong christain. I have had this phobia my entire life. My dad is a pastor at a community church. I have only been to christain councelors because I strongly believe we have more in common than a non believer so I will not go to anyone else. I know God can take this away but sometimes you have to seek a little extra help to get through things like this. That is why he provides special people to help. It's more then just a fear at this point.

Quoting maria848:

Hello Iam maria848. I dont know if you believe in the Lord. Give your fear to the lord he is there for you. Dont let satan get the best of you thats just what he wants hes a liar and a thief sickness comes from satan he thrives on it dont let him win. Pray and ask got to take this fear from you and I will pray for you as well the Lord knows who you are god is our rock and he loves us God says ask and you shall recieve. he died for our sins thats how much he loves us  Take care and God Bless.

Jessica0930
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Did you grow out of the phobia? Or did you have to work through it?

Quoting DragonMother10:

When I was a little girl, I used to be terrified of balloons, mostly because I didn't like the popping sound, and also fireworks. When I was a baby, my brother popped a giant balloon and it ended up traumatizing me. They don't bother me anymore, but sometimes the pop makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Jessica0930
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Quoting Jessica0930:

I am a very strong christain. I have had this phobia my entire life. My dad is a pastor at a community church. I have only been to christain councelors because I strongly believe we have more in common than a non believer so I will not go to anyone else. I know God can take this away but sometimes you have to seek a little extra help to get through things like this. That is why he provides special people to help. It's more then just a fear at this point. That is wonderful advice as well. Thank you and keep telling others about Christ! :)

Quoting maria848:

veganistic
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Hypnosis can work wonders, so I've heard, and it isn't nearly as expensive as you would think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinfirekitty
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

When I was younger I was attacked by fire ants. My friends and I went down a ways from our backyard to camp out and I put my sleeping bag on top of their nest. It was dark and I was like seven and distracted. They swarmed me all over my legs and torso. Never got over it. I have always had a seriously problem with ants since then no matter what kind.They came into the house one time when I was in high school and I seriously flipped out and could not go in my room for like two weeks. Then once when I first moved out I found some carpenter ants and lost it. Seriously there can be two ants but my mind will turn it into two hundred and I always end up getting serious panic attacks. Stupid hu? lol

AleaKat
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Achluophobia- Fear of darkness
Acrophobia- Fear of heights
Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places
Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders
Autophobia- Fear of being alone or of oneself
Claustrophobic -fear of tight spaces.

My top ones are spiders, clowns and heights!

I breath deep and try to imagine I'm somewhere more desirable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica0930
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I don't think it is stupid. And I am glad you know why you have your phobia. I have no idea why mine started. All I remember was it starting back when I was really little and my brother caught some stomach bug. Ever since anytime someone has an upset stomach I stay away. Or if someone is throwing up I am not kidding, I freak out probably just as bad as you do. A couple of years ago my boyfriends (now husband) family and my entire family caught this really bad stomach bug. I was the only one that didnt get it. But its probably because even tho it was dead winter in december I went and stayed in a camper for 3 weeks outside my parents house until I knew all the germs were gone. I am also an excessive handwasher. Every winter I was wash my hands so much they bleed. I wash them atleast 50 times plus a day.

Quoting rockinfirekitty:

When I was younger I was attacked by fire ants. My friends and I went down a ways from our backyard to camp out and I put my sleeping bag on top of their nest. It was dark and I was like seven and distracted. They swarmed me all over my legs and torso. Never got over it. I have always had a seriously problem with ants since then no matter what kind.They came into the house one time when I was in high school and I seriously flipped out and could not go in my room for like two weeks. Then once when I first moved out I found some carpenter ants and lost it. Seriously there can be two ants but my mind will turn it into two hundred and I always end up getting serious panic attacks. Stupid hu? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)