Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how hard ...

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM
  • 13 Replies
Does a three yr old need to hit for their front teeth to get loose? Me and my three yr old were walking in target and she fell face first, I thought she hit her forehead but then she said she hurt her nose and then I saw her mouth bleeding. My first thought her teeth, I'm scared her teeth are gonna fall out, they feel loose a little but I'm think because the gum might be a little tender from the fall. Should I be worried? She does complain when she bites down but I think she might be acting a bit dramatic, if I tell her oh honey u have a bruise on your leg she'll be like mommy my legs broken all day. That's how dramatic she can be.

Should I worry or just wait and see?? Are they any signs to look at? Thanks opinions appreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof2andTTC
by Alicia on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I'd be at the peds office... but I'm one of those freak out moms... but half the time I'm right when somethings wrong with her... my step sister was 3 when she fell at a restaurant and her teeth flew out of her mouth... be glad that didn't happen... she didn't have her 4 front teeth for a long time because they said her gums suffered trauma...

Mommy of 2 girls & TTC #3 twin girls & baby dust

armyvet06
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM
When my daughter ripped her gums when she was about 7 months or so, i rushed her to the er. They popped her tooth back in place and said it may or may not fall out. And if it did, the doc told me not to worry since she will eventually get a new tooth in when she gets older. So i wouldnt worry too much. But just watch it. If it does scare you, then take her in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jett286
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I might wait a day or two and then if there is still concern take her to pediatric dentist.  Just to be safe....But then I am not one to take my kids in for everything, we wait things out unless it's a rash or a high fever things that might be a signal of something major....kite

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I would wait and see. Make sure the color of her teeth don't change. Maybe tomorrow if she's still complaining I might call a pediatric dentist and see what they say.

angirose
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Quoting goddess99:

I would wait and see. Make sure the color of her teeth don't change. Maybe tomorrow if she's still complaining I might call a pediatric dentist and see what they say.

this....

wexfordmom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I would get it looked at. My nephew knocked his front tooth loose when he was 3. He went to the dentist and they said it may turn black or it may just stay a little loose until it's ready to fall out. I just stayed in there and did not turn black or something to that affect.. it was 10 yrs. ago.

Knightquester
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I would take her to her dentist to be sure that not only the teeth are alright but the nerves underneath.  At three they are baby teeth, but the baby teeth take the places they do to ensure the rest of the teeth grow in straight, so it's not altogether a bad idea to ensure they are fine.

OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Yup

Quoting angirose:

Quoting goddess99:

this....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I'd call a dentist. I was three yrs old when I ended up losing my two front teeth due to a fall. The dentist was able to put several loose ones back in place and the root healed. However, my two front ones were too damaged to save. I ended up having a partial until I was almost 5 yrs old when my adult teeth came in.

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM
So sorry!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN