Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

govement borrowing from child support?!?Another Update (in green)

Posted by   + Show Post

In the past 6 weeks I have only received 36.00 total. I am supposed to get 43.00 per week. When i called to ask what was going on all they said was "you will get all you money back" but would not explain where the money was. Today I had to explain to my landlod why i was short on rent, she said every mom that rents from her had the same problem, apparently the goverment needed to borrow the money for something!!!!! Luckily i dont fully depend on my child support but i know alot of moms do, isn't there somewhere else to borrow the money from besides single moms!?! Or at least WARN us so we can have backup plans!

Its one thing for a week or so, but 6 weeks????

I am not recieveing 36.00 per week, that is all i have been given total in the 6 weeks. I know they are taking the correct amount out of his checks, I had him show me his pay stubs.  I am not the only one this happened to, It has affected everyone in my town that receives childsupport, The Child support office will not explain where the money went o when we will get it back, they just claim we will be payed back.

My mom just called and said she had metioned it to someone at work, and they had seen it on the news. So I'm guessing its the whole state (indiana) Theres are multiple lawsuits agianst the goverment now because of it....I knew it had to be wrong. Look at it this way, Child support comes straight fom the mans check to the mother. It is in no way goverment aid, it is a man providing for his childen he helped create. So by taking our child support there pretty much just dipping there hand into the mans paychecks. They already take taxes out, they have no right to just decide they need the money more and take what they want. If thats the case then where is the line? Who says they cant just decide to take it out of your paycheck one day?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

The only time I got less support is when my ex is sick and not working. He doesn't get money, I don't get money. Has Never had anything to do with the government.

my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM

No he showed me his pay stubs, they are taking the normal amount out.

And im not getting the 30 a week to only be shot 7$ Thats all i've gotten in total for 6 weeks.

Quoting splatz:

I have never heard of that happening before. Maybe he is paying less in (or they aren't taking enough out- I have had that happen to me) & that is why you are getting less? 

On a side note... if you getting shorted $7 a week in child support means that you can't pay your rent you need to reevaluate your finances.

my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM

No, he showed me his pay stubs they are taking it out. Its not just happening to me, its happening to everyone in my town that recieves childsupport.

Quoting goddess99:

The only time I got less support is when my ex is sick and not working. He doesn't get money, I don't get money. Has Never had anything to do with the government.

my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM

your lucky then, i had never had it happen before either until now. Its not just me, its evey peson who recieves CS in my town. When we call to ask why they dont really explain they just say it will be paid back, but they wont even say when!

Quoting grneyedormom:

I have never had that happen to me. Ever.

my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:11 AM

In indiana, theres a once a year handiling fee but it dosent come out of child support the father has to pay it seperate. But ours is also put on a card but you can also have it direct deposited into you bank account

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

In nebraska you don't get the whole amount ordered. They take like a "handling fee" and put the rest on a bank card type thing. They were trying to get dh (df at the time) for cs when ds was born 4 years ago and that's what the paperwork I got mailed. It took forever for me to get them to stop trgying to take cs from him. We've lived together for almost 8 years

grneyedormom
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Just your town? Your whole state too? Call your state child support office, not the local one but the admin office and seek answers.

Quoting my4loves4:

your lucky then, i had never had it happen before either until now. Its not just me, its evey peson who recieves CS in my town. When we call to ask why they dont really explain they just say it will be paid back, but they wont even say when!

Quoting grneyedormom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM

i dont know if its the whole state or not i dont know anyone else where to ask. But thats a good idea i'll try that, thank you :)

Quoting grneyedormom:

Just your town? Your whole state too? Call your state child support office, not the local one but the admin office and seek answers.

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting grneyedormom:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:50 PM
That's strange.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Odd

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

This is ridiculous. How horrible for you. I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I agree. They have no right to do that. 

It's almost enough to make people wanna work under the table. SO that taxes aren't taken out. (Key word there is ALMOST)

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)