Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

govement borrowing from child support?!?Another Update (in green)

Posted by   + Show Post

In the past 6 weeks I have only received 36.00 total. I am supposed to get 43.00 per week. When i called to ask what was going on all they said was "you will get all you money back" but would not explain where the money was. Today I had to explain to my landlod why i was short on rent, she said every mom that rents from her had the same problem, apparently the goverment needed to borrow the money for something!!!!! Luckily i dont fully depend on my child support but i know alot of moms do, isn't there somewhere else to borrow the money from besides single moms!?! Or at least WARN us so we can have backup plans!

Its one thing for a week or so, but 6 weeks????

I am not recieveing 36.00 per week, that is all i have been given total in the 6 weeks. I know they are taking the correct amount out of his checks, I had him show me his pay stubs.  I am not the only one this happened to, It has affected everyone in my town that receives childsupport, The Child support office will not explain where the money went o when we will get it back, they just claim we will be payed back.

My mom just called and said she had metioned it to someone at work, and they had seen it on the news. So I'm guessing its the whole state (indiana) Theres are multiple lawsuits agianst the goverment now because of it....I knew it had to be wrong. Look at it this way, Child support comes straight fom the mans check to the mother. It is in no way goverment aid, it is a man providing for his childen he helped create. So by taking our child support there pretty much just dipping there hand into the mans paychecks. They already take taxes out, they have no right to just decide they need the money more and take what they want. If thats the case then where is the line? Who says they cant just decide to take it out of your paycheck one day?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
kjsaes
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I live in Indiana. Once or twice a month I will get $70 of my support but the next week I will get the rest when that weeks support is deposited. I have never heard of what's happening to you. I always get what he pays in. How is he paying it, is it taken out before he gets his check or does he go pay it?

Quoting my4loves4:

i dont know if its the whole state or not i dont know anyone else where to ask. But thats a good idea i'll try that, thank you :)

Quoting grneyedormom:

Just your town? Your whole state too? Call your state child support office, not the local one but the admin office and seek answers.

Quoting my4loves4:

your lucky then, i had never had it happen before either until now. Its not just me, its evey peson who recieves CS in my town. When we call to ask why they dont really explain they just say it will be paid back, but they wont even say when!

Quoting grneyedormom:

I have never had that happen to me. Ever.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

It gets directly taken from his check, and that used to happen to me all the time it was no big deal, since i always got it a week or two later. But it has now been 7 weeks. Supposively we are supposed to get it all back but they wont say when. When i try to look it up online i find nothing about it, but multiple people said they heard it on the local radio station news that people are now suing the goverment because of it. I have no idea whats really going on, their obviosly keeping it as hush hush as they can.  All i know is i want my money!!! He's already owes over 500$ in back support, its not fair that he's finally paying and im not receiving!

Quoting kjsaes:

I live in Indiana. Once or twice a month I will get $70 of my support but the next week I will get the rest when that weeks support is deposited. I have never heard of what's happening to you. I always get what he pays in. How is he paying it, is it taken out before he gets his check or does he go pay it?

Quoting my4loves4:

i dont know if its the whole state or not i dont know anyone else where to ask. But thats a good idea i'll try that, thank you :)

Quoting grneyedormom:

Just your town? Your whole state too? Call your state child support office, not the local one but the admin office and seek answers.

Quoting my4loves4:

your lucky then, i had never had it happen before either until now. Its not just me, its evey peson who recieves CS in my town. When we call to ask why they dont really explain they just say it will be paid back, but they wont even say when!

Quoting grneyedormom:

I have never had that happen to me. Ever.

tiffs2009
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I live in OR and I've been having that problem too! My CSE case worker won't return my calls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Krystle21
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I live in MA, I haven't gotten a payment since 1/8. I just thought he wasn't paying or maybe out of work bc it comes directly outta his check.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM

maybe thats why i havent found anything online, ive just been searching locally and for my state, maybe its a nation wide issue but just select areas? I don't know but its very frustrating! The men are working and paying, and we are taking care of the babies they helped make, we deserve our money!!! I'm so mad i think once they pay all my money back I'm going to tell my ex to find health insurance for my son and just pay me straight forward every week! It'd save us both time and money! The only reason we went through the CS office was so son could be on medicaid, but ex has a good enough job now to have his own insurane, screw all this hassle.

Quoting tiffs2009:

I live in OR and I've been having that problem too! My CSE case worker won't return my calls.

grneyedormom
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I'm in Oregon as well and I've never had that issue. CS case managers are "required" to return calls within 24-36 hours (Same as DHS case managers), if you have not heard back from your worker, call and ask to speak to their supervisor or go into your local office.

Are you aware of the website you can log into to look at your account to find out when your child support has been paid?

Quoting tiffs2009:

Proud Momma to one fabulous 4th grader.

wearing crowngirl giving flower

my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I'd look into it, can you call him and ask? And thats about the same time mine started getting really messed up, so i bet its happening to you too.

Quoting Krystle21:

I live in MA, I haven't gotten a payment since 1/8. I just thought he wasn't paying or maybe out of work bc it comes directly outta his check.

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
IF i got child support I would be so pissed!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I am about to give my domestics division a call! I want to know where the money for my kids is! I am supposed to receive 150.00 every 2 weeks and when it is deposited it ends up being 138.00. It was 147.00 at first but in the last oh I would say 6ish months it had been lower the last deposite was 135.00. My twins father says the whole amount is being taken out so why the hell am I not getting it! I know it is only 15 or so  dollars but it adds up and I use it on my kids!

my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM

If you find anything, out let me know!! I have no idea where to even start, but this looks like its happening to alot of us, we need to figure it out and put a stop to it! The most messed up part to me though is, when my mom filed her taxes H&R block said the goverment found some extra money this year so she got one hundred extra dollars for nothing! How can they say they have "extra money" to just GIVE away, but then borrow it from us!?!?! Is that where our money is going? i want answers!

Quoting jackieb2811:

I think I am about to give my domestics division a call! I want to know where the money for my kids is! I am supposed to receive 150.00 every 2 weeks and when it is deposited it ends up being 138.00. It was 147.00 at first but in the last oh I would say 6ish months it had been lower the last deposite was 135.00. My twins father says the whole amount is being taken out so why the hell am I not getting it! I know it is only 15 or so  dollars but it adds up and I use it on my kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)