Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

DH Traveling for work..

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 12 Replies

So dh just got offered a job doing construction on "clean rooms".. great benefits, good pay, with rom for growth. The catch? He travels. When they send him out it will be for 2 weeks at a time. We havent spent even one night apart since getting together, and we are used to him working only a part time job. I know this job will be awesome for us financially, but personally I am freaking out right now. How do you ladies who have a out of town husband do it?!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy03457
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM
My dh works in sheet metal and has to go out of town sometimes Monday-Friday home Saturday and Sunday. I use to hate it:( I have three small children and hate being home alone at night(big baby I know lol) plus I miss him so so much. I just tell myself he has to what he has to do to provide for us. I eventually got use to it. Luckily he has been having alot of work in town work here lately so that's been great:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Congrats on his new job. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to get used to.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM

My dh doesn't leave town for work and with two kids it just wouldn't work for us.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Hugs....hope things work out...

jynkx
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM

mine gets sent out of town sometimes for a few days, its not our favorite but it pays the bills.  he hates it.

babynurse454
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM
In our house Im.the one that does all the traveling, dh travels about 3-4 times a year. Sometimes it is nice, for both of us as long as we are not gone for to long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
becky.riley
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I wish when my husband had to leave for work it was for only two weeks at a time. It's usually six months or more. It will be tough at first, but once you get used to it and get a routine, it isn't as bad as you imagine it to be. Sure you will be lonely and you will miss him, but trust me two weeks isn't really that long.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I work on hobbies that have gone by the wayside. Nurture friendships and stay busy while he is gone. The days that he is home I leave a clear schedule if possible so that we can have family time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
And Skype will be your friend btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN