Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should either of us feel guilty about this?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 18 Replies

So my 3 year old woke up at 6 AM this morning, our alarms go off at 6:45. She wanted to watch TV. We told her no and DH told her to go back to bed. She asked if she could cuddle with me. My 3 year old has not asked to cuddle in bed with me in over a year. DH can't sleep if there is a child in bed with us. So instead of making him have to stay awake I got up with our 3 year old and we went to the living room and cuddled on the couch where I fell back asleep. DH came out about twenty minutes later and said he felt guilty and that he'd just get up and that our dd and I should go back to our bed and try to get some more sleep. So dd and I did go back to bed.

I don't think he should have felt guilty about us cuddling on the couch and I feel kind of bad that he got up almost half an hour early because he felt guilty. lol

He says we should have just made her go back to bed, but I wanted to cuddle with her and she never asks for this anymore not to mention she probably would have cried very loudly and woken up her sisters if we had made her go back to bed.

DH and I aren't having a fight about this or anything. I was just curious if this is a situation you would have felt bad in?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThatsTheWayItIs
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Not at all. Most of the time my kids want to cuddle with my husband . He loves it since they don't seem to want to unless they are sick and usually its with me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I dont think either one of you should feel guilty. I probably would have done the same thing, went and laid on the couch so your dh could sleep until he had to get up. Its sweet that he felt guilty but he didnt really have anything to feel guilty about.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM

No, somtimes kids just need cuddles!

skippito
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Completely off subject, but wow you get up at 6:45!!!! So jealous lol! Our youngest gets up between 3:30 and 4:30. Sometimes can get her to lay back down for awhile if it's the 3:30 one no such luck at 4:30. But anyway, snuggle while you can. Don't feel guilty either of you!
MamaMoopsie
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM

lol, no, that's when our alarms go off. We have a 1 year old, a 2 year old, a 3 year old, and an almost 10 year old who has very vivid nightmares. We never actually sleep through the whole night. lol

Last night was one of those rare nights that everyone actually slept through the night, which is probably why I feel so tired today. hehe

Quoting skippito:

Completely off subject, but wow you get up at 6:45!!!! So jealous lol! Our youngest gets up between 3:30 and 4:30. Sometimes can get her to lay back down for awhile if it's the 3:30 one no such luck at 4:30. But anyway, snuggle while you can. Don't feel guilty either of you!

skippito
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM
It always works that way doesn't lol?! That night everyone sleeps i usually toss and turn and have to pee and check on evryone and feel more tired than the usual nights when the girls get up a handful of times. I tell myself, one day I shall sleep again lmao!!!!
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't feel bad. I think your dh was being sweet.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I wouldn't feel bad.

DixieFlower
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I'd say no you neither of you should feel guilty.

MamaMoopsie
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM

We jokingly said "We'll be able to sleep when our kids are grown," in front of my mom and dad the other day and my parents laughed hysterically and said it gets worse after they grow up and you can't keep your eye on them 24/7.

We went through a stretch recently where my 1 year old got seven teeth in like two weeks and the nights were miserable, she'd cry so much that it'd wake up our other little ones and soon I'd be on the couch with all three of them trying to calm them all down. DH would come out and take over and try to let me sleep but I couldn't because I knew how hard he was having it and he's the one who actually had to go to work and be held accountable. Then as soon as my 1 year old got past her teething she got bronchitis, then as she was getting over that our 2 year old got an ear ache. I don't think I got more than an hours sleep for over a month. My mother even offered to take them all for a night so DH and I could get a decent nights sleep and then I couldn't sleep because I missed them too much and was wondering how much of a hard time they were giving my parents. lol

Quoting skippito:

It always works that way doesn't lol?! That night everyone sleeps i usually toss and turn and have to pee and check on evryone and feel more tired than the usual nights when the girls get up a handful of times. I tell myself, one day I shall sleep again lmao!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)