Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Putting An End To Breastfeeding?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 6 Replies
So Emerie turned 1 on January 17. She refuses to take a bottle or cup! I have been breastfeeding since I gave birth and now we can be out public and she tugg down my blouse to get to my breast. I tried to wing her off but I gave in to what she wanted. When do you finally just say enough is enough to breastfeeding?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM
My ds self weened at about a year. You might check out theleakyboob.com. they have great info, and if you find them on facebook there's lots of great tips and tricks. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I breastfed past a year. Mine wouldn't take a cup or bottle either. It was a slow process for us. I got her down to just night time nursing. That was the hardest for her to give up.

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I waited untiline were ready to stop on their own. My first weaned just before he turned 2. My second weaned just before he turned 3. My third is 3 and hasn't weaned yet. We do full term nursing instead of premature weaning like us pushes in the US. Weaning before age 2 has risks for the child and the mother.
EmysMom0117
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I have been trying to wait on her since it's such a major change for her. I want whats best for her. It's just a little embarrassing when we are out public and she fall out for it. I'm giving the website a view to see what advice they have.
Shaybay218
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I weaned my daughter at around 9 months....Kinda glad I did..

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
It can be limited after age one--check kellymom.com for articles on nursing toddlers, nursing manners, and weaning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)