Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Whenever ds or I develop a rash -- which is pretty common b/c we both have allergies, eczema (ds), and rosacea (me) -- I find myself on Google Images trying to diagnose them. Have you ever searched anything rash-related on Google Images? So gross. Sometimes I find helpful info (which is why I use the resource), but often, like today, I completely regret my attempts at self-managed care via Google. I also feel terrible for the people whose rash-fameinfamy ranks in Google search... Word to the wise: never let a physician with a camera anywhere near you or your kids!

Anybody else turn to Google (or Bing etc.) before making an appointment with a doctor? 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Replies (11-13):
tinakinakins
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I am the same! I'm so gullible too. It tends to be a nuisance.

Quoting MomofaGamer:

I'm so glad you were joking!! I can be quite literal-minded at times...sometimes it creates problems for me. :P Thank you for following up. :)

Quoting tinakinakins:

I'm good. I was only joking though. WebMd always diagnoses the simplest ailment as a death sentence or serious disease .

Quoting MomofaGamer:

How are you doing? 

Quoting tinakinakins:

I used web MD only to discover I was dying from occasional stomach pain.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamaslove11
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I do then I get totally grossed up but totally captivated at the same time. Like a bad car wreck that you should move on and not look but can't help TO look.

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Not usually looking at google images but I do tend to google something before making a drs appt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)