Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maid of Honor duties???

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

My friend from high school and I have been getting real close in the last 9 months. She got engaged in December and asked me to be in her wedding. Well today I figured out that she meant for me to be her Maid of Honor, which I am very honored to do, now that I got to  thinking about it I know the maid of honor has a lot of responsilbities and I'm now freaking out! I have no idea what those duties are!! I know the bachorlette party andthe whole wedding part on taking care of the bride on her day and making sure everything goes smoothly and giving a speech, but what are my duties before the wedding?   Any ideas and help is greatly appreciative!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Bump

I honestly don't know. I was never a maid of honor and we eloped so I never had 1 either.

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Wish i could help. I was moh at my sisters first wedding but didnt much besides the bachelorette party and a speech at the reception.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chilandra
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Your responsibilities should be discussed with the bride.  She sets the tone for the role you play.  I was a maid of honor twice and trust me the brides were different. 

Typically the maid of honor is in support of the couple as a couple not just the bride.

Here's a checklist for a maid of honor - http://www.realsimple.com/weddings/planning/maid-honor-checklist-00000000000204/index.html

baileymarie723
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Google "maid of honor duties" and a bunch of websites will pop up with what your duties would be.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)