Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Loss for words

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM
  • 24 Replies

My daughter has gone to the same school and been with the same children since she started school.I see on facebook all the pictures of the girls in her class getting together for birthdays,and other things. It makes me so sad that they never, never invite her. sometimes they even leave from sports to go to the outings and she is the only one left behind. It was the very same thing with my other children. My children are not mean, they dont act out. what is it? It breaks my heart, 

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Idk =(

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know. Kids seem to to have their little clicks. They can be very mean. I'm sorry this is happening to your daughter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaybugs_mommy16
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Some Kids now days are just hateful and if you don't look like them, dress like them, or act like them they don't like you.... I hope it gets better for your daughter (:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:51 AM

I agree and it sucks! I hope things get better for your daughter! *HUGS*

Quoting Kaybugs_mommy16:

Some Kids now days are just hateful and if you don't look like them, dress like them, or act like them they don't like you.... I hope it gets better for your daughter (:

Shaybay218
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Does she have a friend at all?

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Some kids make friends easier than others. There are some skills that kids need to learn from their parents. Please have a private meeting with your kids teachers. Ask specifically for their insight into a. Is what you suspect a valid observation?, b. what can you do to help your children learn friend making skills? One necessity, no offense, is good personal hygiene and clean, peer group standard, clothes. Kindness, the art of being kind, is another. And being a bully is a growing no-no. Get a few self help books from the library, on how to raise a successful child. Good luck.

thesimplethings
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I know how you feel my DD had a bday party and i told her she can invite two friends well when everyone got the word of that they were her best friend! and now hardly any of them will play with her at school. Rips my heart out!

broken66
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Sad to say I have done all those things. I have hounded the school forever asking them to please help her to fit. They say it is really not a concern of the schools about her personal issues. They only concern themselves with academics. As far as hygiene and dress my daughter showers every day and dresses like other students. she is very beautiful with lovely features. She has nothing that makes her a target.She is definitely not a bully. You can tell when she is with these kids she is quiet, her head often is down and she seems like a beat puppy. Im most afraid they are ruining her self esteem.

Its sad. why dont the parents see that they are letting out one little girl, and invite her. Its makes me sad. 

broken66
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you everyone for your advice and support. I dont think I will ever know why we dont fit in this community. My children and are family are just human beings that want friends and to belong. We obviously have given it our all to reach out and try. I dont always understand Gods plan or why he would want my children and are family to suffer so. Sometimes life's journey is more than one an bare.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Hugs....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN