Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My daughter has gone to the same school and been with the same children since she started school.I see on facebook all the pictures of the girls in her class getting together for birthdays,and other things. It makes me so sad that they never, never invite her. sometimes they even leave from sports to go to the outings and she is the only one left behind. It was the very same thing with my other children. My children are not mean, they dont act out. what is it? It breaks my heart, 

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Replies (21-24):
Knightquester
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM

The last house we lived in we didn't fit in very well in our community, but I cannot even say why as we didn't know we didn't until we moved.  We moved about three years ago to where we are now and my children have loads of friends, we know all our neighbors and get along with so many people in our community.  Sometimes there's no way in telling why you don't fit in, and there's no way in telling where you will until you move.  I honestly thought it was something to do with this state until I moved here, and now I suspect it may be that people were more closed off in the previous city we lived in for years.

Maybe you can enroll your daughter into an extra curricular in your area that will let her get more interactions with her peers.  Maybe have her ask for phone numbers of those she feels a connection with to set up meet-ups where they can go to the park together or come over to your house for a few hours.

Quoting broken66:

thank you everyone for your advice and support. I dont think I will ever know why we dont fit in this community. My children and are family are just human beings that want friends and to belong. We obviously have given it our all to reach out and try. I dont always understand Gods plan or why he would want my children and are family to suffer so. Sometimes life's journey is more than one an bare.

OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaleela
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Dang, that just breaks my heart.  I was just like her when I was younger.  I went to a school that had a lot of wealthy kids that drove BMW's and stuff and my mom had just left an abusive marriage and was waiting tables.  I didn't dress like they did and either rode the bus or my mom picked me up in our OLD station wagon.  I was ostracised like you wouldn't believe and absolutely dreaded going to school and lunch was just painful.  Things changed dramatically when we moved and I went from having no friends and eating lunch in the library to having my phone ring off the hook and becoming a varsity cheerleader.  It was the kind of people that made up my old school that made me miserable.  It had absolutely nothing to do with me as a person.  People can just be fucking monsters sometimes.  If you can change her school maybe that would help or get her involved in a completely different activity that exposes her to a whole new group of kids she would be able to fit in more easily.  I know how she feels and my heart just hurts for her.

OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:51 PM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)