Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Valentine's Day at School

Posted by   + Show Post

What are you sending for the kids?

having chocolate

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
deadlights86
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM

If ds's school keeps him on half days he will be home schooled next year he's not getting an education he's getting  baby sat for 3 hours a day.

Quoting goddess99:

That's too bad. Maybe next year.

Quoting deadlights86:

No idea my oldest ds is in the special needs class and  doubt they will even really understand what the point is and my middle ds gets sent home at lunch time so I'm not sending anything for a party he won't attend.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I would do the same thing or maybe try to find a different district to send him too.

Quoting deadlights86:

If ds's school keeps him on half days he will be home schooled next year he's not getting an education he's getting  baby sat for 3 hours a day.

Quoting goddess99:

That's too bad. Maybe next year.

Quoting deadlights86:

No idea my oldest ds is in the special needs class and  doubt they will even really understand what the point is and my middle ds gets sent home at lunch time so I'm not sending anything for a party he won't attend.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel bad. You're not alone!

Quoting LadyloveCeide:

Can't afford to send any thing this year. :-(

aprilz1225
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

i am sorry, please don't get down everyone is in a crunch this year.  we had a hard time make'n if a few years ago but it did get better, chin up, momma.

Quoting LadyloveCeide:

Can't afford to send any thing this year. :-(

pristine729
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I actually have until Friday because he is in preschool three days a week... But if this weather keeps this crap up, I will run out of time, lol

Quoting goddess99:

lol you still have time =)

Quoting pristine729:

Haven't done it yet, this is his first year, lol. I'm a procrastinator.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

The weather definitely sucks.

Quoting pristine729:

I actually have until Friday because he is in preschool three days a week... But if this weather keeps this crap up, I will run out of time, lol

Quoting goddess99:

lol you still have time =)

Quoting pristine729:

Haven't done it yet, this is his first year, lol. I'm a procrastinator.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

They are doing candy bags and passing out cards.  I got Barbie cards but she told me she wanted to do something different for the boys...so we got some car cards for the boys.....so girls will get Barbie and the boys the cars...

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to try to find unisex ones like Finding Nemo or something like that. No cards this year, just the fruit rollups. 

Quoting delanna6two:

They are doing candy bags and passing out cards.  I got Barbie cards but she told me she wanted to do something different for the boys...so we got some car cards for the boys.....so girls will get Barbie and the boys the cars...

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

That's good...we're sending Kit-Kats.

Quoting goddess99:

I used to try to find unisex ones like Finding Nemo or something like that. No cards this year, just the fruit rollups. 

Quoting delanna6two:

pamelax3
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

my dd is in high school so nothing there and my ds is 2 1/2 so he is at home

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)