Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My one year old keeps waking up in the middle of the night to play

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 29 Replies

with his toys. Im not sure what to do at this point bc he is very cranky throughout the day and just wont listen to a thing i say. What do i do? He has a box of toys, should i put the box in my bedroom while he sleeps? Either way its not going to prevente him from getting up in the middle of the night bc sometimes he goes and turns the tv on. Yes, he knows how to turn the t.v on lol. He is almost two. I caught him last night and he had all his blankets off the bed and pillows, idk know what he was even doing. He doesnt cry when he gets up like this either, he just goes about and does his own thing. Im worryed bc what if he trys to go outside one night???

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
true-love-21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM

BUMP!

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I deadbolted my doors so you would need a key to get either in or out. My dd took a walk one day when I was sleeping so... Idk if I have any other advice. My dd slept pretty well. Hopefully someone will have a good idea for you.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Hopefully, it will pass....you could check with your drs....and I would say keep your doors locked and make sure to take out the keys.

true-love-21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:37 PM
He knows how to unlock the doors! He is to smart for his own good :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Oh wow, he can unlock the doors! Can you buy those things you put on the doors so he can't turn them. To baby proof them. He might not be able to figure that out. You can buy them at Walmart or any place they sell baby things.

xanayda
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Baby gates? no naps during the day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Buy something like this http://www.qvc.com/Swann-WindowDoor-Magnetic-Alarm-Search-Results.product.E253354.html?sc=E253354-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-5-_-E253354&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/e/54/e253354.001?$uslarge$

and install them on your doors. That way when he opens it an alarm will sound and you'll know he's up and on the move =)

true-love-21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM
He does all this at night but yes that's a good idea since he will be more tired at night. I'll try that.

Quoting xanayda:

true-love-21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I will def try that!

Quoting Janet:

Oh wow, he can unlock the doors! Can you buy those things you put on the doors so he can't turn them. To baby proof them. He might not be able to figure that out. You can buy them at Walmart or any place they sell baby things.

xanayda
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Lol i should've explained that a bit more. It's going to be mayhem for the first day or 2 with him not being allowed to take a nap but hopefully he'll be worn out enough to get back on track. :) good luck!

Quoting true-love-21:

He does all this at night but yes that's a good idea since he will be more tired at night. I'll try that.

Quoting xanayda:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)