Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do men get Valentine's Day gifts?

Posted by   + Show Post
Seems to me like it's mainly a woman's holiday or for lovers, I don't know any men who go gaga for gifts. Am I wrong? Do you get your man gifts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:50 AM
He usually doesn't get me a gift. I always get him one.
This year its candy, a t-shirt, and a gift card to a book store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sav820
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course. Men love Gifts and to be remembered just like women do.  I even buy My DH Flowers, I have several times ( Big Birthdays) First time I bought him 2 dozen red Roses( years ago) He said, None of his friends ever received flowers. He knows he's special :-)  But I've never bought them on Valentines day, Not yet. Now we both prefer a rose bush for our yard then cut flowers. And he knows this, I want to see it all the time, not for a few days at the cost.  Pro Flowers online is good, I've used them several times very reasonable.

So ladies, if you want to surprise him some time, buy him flowers ( even walmart  sells reasonable bouquets under 6.00 I think)

And IF he doesn't buy you red roses. Buy them for yourself, and tell him they were delivered, from a secret admirer LOL That will make him THINK.

I got him some sexy boxers, massage oils (we're low) so need to stock up whats a better time to do it.  And I'm making some Choc covered strawberries, choc popcorn ( for me ) and choc pretzels sticks.He just bought his New truck last week. I found him a USB and ipad holder for the truck.and a Gift card. He wants these special chrome exhaust pipes, but doesn't want to pay the price. He deserves them.

Plus, he gets "ME"  the full Detail in the Bedroom all night .. My DH is a romantic. Will have a romantic dinner with the works, and dance too. And some type of surprise, he knows I love surprises.

lillucky8
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I get a card and candy for dh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanceandhailey
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I got him a card from me, and one from the kids. I'm baking three of his favorites, putting them in containers and in a gift bag LOL. He'll like it...

Join the Beautiful Creatures group!
Discuss the books and movies
http://www.cafemom.com/group/beautifulcreatures

EarlGrayHot
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course!  I always get him something.  Love is not one sided after all.

Shaybay218
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Yes...I don't see why not!

belleher90
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM

well even though it seems like im the only one who cares about getting a gift on valentines day...i still think that even though my hubb doesnt show it, he also wants to be recognized as my husband and my valentine...so thats why i get him something ....always to remind him that i may be his wife but he plays an important role as being my husband.......after all valentines day is about two people as a couple.....not only one person.......

belleher90
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Quoting sav820:
the secret admirerer idea is a classic! i am soo gonna try it!!! lol

Of course. Men love Gifts and to be remembered just like women do.  I even buy My DH Flowers, I have several times ( Big Birthdays) First time I bought him 2 dozen red Roses( years ago) He said, None of his friends ever received flowers. He knows he's special :-)  But I've never bought them on Valentines day, Not yet. Now we both prefer a rose bush for our yard then cut flowers. And he knows this, I want to see it all the time, not for a few days at the cost.  Pro Flowers online is good, I've used them several times very reasonable.

So ladies, if you want to surprise him some time, buy him flowers ( even walmart  sells reasonable bouquets under 6.00 I think)

And IF he doesn't buy you red roses. Buy them for yourself, and tell him they were delivered, from a secret admirer LOL That will make him THINK.

I got him some sexy boxers, massage oils (we're low) so need to stock up whats a better time to do it.  And I'm making some Choc covered strawberries, choc popcorn ( for me ) and choc pretzels sticks.He just bought his New truck last week. I found him a USB and ipad holder for the truck.and a Gift card. He wants these special chrome exhaust pipes, but doesn't want to pay the price. He deserves them.

Plus, he gets "ME"  the full Detail in the Bedroom all night .. My DH is a romantic. Will have a romantic dinner with the works, and dance too. And some type of surprise, he knows I love surprises.

belleher90
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Quoting splatz:awwww why dont he get u anything if i may ask? does he take u out instead?

He usually doesn't get me a gift. I always get him one.
This year its candy, a t-shirt, and a gift card to a book store.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:00 PM

DH doesn't want gifts.  But I do special things for him.  Like keeping the kids off him so he can play a video game for hours un-interrupted.  Or getting a sitter so he and I can spend some quality time in our new basement bar playing pool. 

Then again, I don't get big gifts, either.  We were married Feb 7.  So we do dinner on Feb 7, have a week of random fun nights, hang out Feb 14th, then go out Feb 15th and buy our favorite holiday themed candies on sale!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)