Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is the 1st time I join a forum so I don't even know how much to explain my problem.

My son is in kindergarden he has mention a lot that he does not have any friends or no one wants to play with me.  I was not to concern but yet no mom likes to hear this is happening to your kid. Any ways, this week I get a call from the pricipal and his teacher with very serious remarks. He is only a kindergardener so I am sure he does not know the seriousness of it. I talked to him, my husb. did to... but I am freaking out, he said that he was going to bring a bomb to school and blow it out, it feel terrible to write this out in public about my boy.. but I need big time advices.

I thank everyone in advance for reading and to respond with some advice.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (11-13):
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I don't believe in this at all.  We all grew up watching bugs bunny, road runner and all those.  My son watched all those kinds of cartoons, he was never violent.  He knew real from fiction.  You son probably said what he said for attention.  If he doens't feel he has any friends, then it makes sense to a 5 year old to say something like that.  I don't know your son or his behavior at home, but just from this statement, it just sounds like he's frustrated.  Talk to his teacher about his behavior, how he interacts with other kids.  Also talk to your son about appropriate behavior and words.  We all want our kids to be happy and it breaks our hearts when they aren't.  Mine are 19 and 13, and it's still hard when they are having problems.  Best of luck

Quoting HolaMami:

Thank you for responding back.

and yes, he does see alot of cartoons, batman, spiderman....most moms may agree that those cartoons have nothing good for our boys and yet some of us don't prevent this until we see the damage it does to young age boys. almost sure that he got this ideas from this kind of cartoons. I am going to watch closely the cartoons he is watching. I wonder if by doing this it should be enought.

HolaMami
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM

He is a very nice boy, outgoing, does not have problems talking to people. in fact he just does not know when to be quiet(at least a home). I am religious, he does not have problems talking to people at church. but yet he is always getting in trouble.  he is sorrounded  by a lots of cousins, he is the youngest of them all, he is always complaning about not getting included. I tried to tell him that it is ok, that he can play by himself. he has a year and a haft older brother and they get along very good, they both play alot.

orngblsm
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Counseling is definitely an option, but not for the reasons that most seem to think.  There has been a lot of violence reported in the news lately and it is possible that is what he is reacting to.  He doesn't really understand the seriousness of what he is saying because he IS only 5 or 6.  Try talking with him and find out why he feels that way, and base what you do on his responses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)