Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bunkbeds

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 25 Replies
At what age did your kids start sleeping on bunkbeds? I ask because 0my 3 yr wants one i also have a 2 yr old which i think can sleep on the bottom one. I know they are to small for them but what age would be best to let them have one ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovehimforever
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:34 PM
We got a trundle bed instead. Because bunk beds still make me nervous. I'm afraid of my ds and skids playing around and someone falling off the top.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.pina
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Sorry to sound dumb but what is a trundle bed?

Quoting lovehimforever:

We got a trundle bed instead. Because bunk beds still make me nervous. I'm always of my ds and skids playing around and someone falling off the top.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovehimforever
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Its a bed that has another bed that pulls out from underneath

Quoting mrs.pina:

Quoting lovehimforever:

We got a trundle bed instead. Because bunk beds still make me nervous. I'm always of my ds and skids playing around and someone falling off the top.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.pina
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Oh ok that sounds like abetter bed than a bunk bed . I will have to check them out . Thanks :)

Quoting lovehimforever:

Its a bed that has another bed that pulls out from underneath

Quoting mrs.pina:

Quoting lovehimforever:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovehimforever
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM

This is my sons trundle bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FIREFOX1336
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I just ordered ds a loft bed twin top full bottom or visitors. Ita his 4th birthday present. You can get a captains bed that is taller and has the drawers shelves under so you don't need anything other then the 2 captains beds. They also have stairs to go to top bunks instead of ladders, each stair is a drawer for extra storage. They all come with the safety rails so your 3 year old should be fine you could also add the mesh side rails you can buy at Walmart that are taller.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrs.pina
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Awww i think i will get one after all :)

Quoting lovehimforever:

This is my sons trundle bed

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.pina
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Thank you! I will most def check those out .

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

I just ordered ds a loft bed twin top full bottom or visitors. Ita his 4th birthday present. You can get a captains bed that is taller and has the drawers shelves under so you don't need anything other then the 2 captains beds. They also have stairs to go to top bunks instead of ladders, each stair is a drawer for extra storage. They all come with the safety rails so your 3 year old should be fine you could also add the mesh side rails you can buy at Walmart that are taller.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
4 and 2.
illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are 2 and 5 and we have trundle beds. I would prefer bunk beds but I don't think my kids are ready for them. It scares the crap out of me to think of the kids jumping or falling off the top bunk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN