Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Randon Acts of Kindness

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you done any? Have any ideas of what you might want to do?

I did my 1st one today. I was at Shopko buying phone cards and the cutest little old man was standing behind me holding a Valentine's Day card for his wife so I bought it for him. He was so shocked he didn't know what to say. Made me feel good =)

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Da998
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Last Christmas I picked up a computer that was going to the garbage (luck), i had my techy friend reimage it for basic ms office and internet readiness and I gave it to my friend who has been looking 4 a job for two years. She does not have and cannot afford a computer. Shed been using computers in the library (you wait in line and get to sit at a pc for 5 minutes). She was so shocked, I left her speechless. It was wonderful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM

That is awesome!

Quoting Da998:

Last Christmas I picked up a computer that was going to the garbage (luck), i had my techy friend reimage it for basic ms office and internet readiness and I gave it to my friend who has been looking 4 a job for two years. She does not have and cannot afford a computer. Shed been using computers in the library (you wait in line and get to sit at a pc for 5 minutes). She was so shocked, I left her speechless. It was wonderful.

Shaybay218
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Just last night I donated to children with MD...I do all kinds of things to give back!

AlilKittyKat
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM

After grocery shopping, I was loading up my trunk and I noticed a young couple trying to condense all of their stuff into as few bags as possible, because they were walking.  I over heard the young man say that he'll take what he can and then come back for her and the rest of the stuff.  So I gave them a few of my reusable grocery bags, one of them being a large Costco bag, which fit mostly everything. They were so surprised and grateful.  Even though very minute it made me feel good to help them out. 

KRIZZ25
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
i all-was give back..every month or so i donate food to ower church food pantry.i make dinner and share it wth ppl.give clothing to ppl..i have 3 car seats i,m giving away ..
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Very sweet.

Quoting AlilKittyKat:

After grocery shopping, I was loading up my trunk and I noticed a young couple trying to condense all of their stuff into as few bags as possible, because they were walking.  I over heard the young man say that he'll take what he can and then come back for her and the rest of the stuff.  So I gave them a few of my reusable grocery bags, one of them being a large Costco bag, which fit mostly everything. They were so surprised and grateful.  Even though very minute it made me feel good to help them out. 

klbetts
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM

A young man was eating lunch at the diner where I work and his bill came and he was short money. So I gave hime what he needed to cover the bill and a good tip for the server (no it wasn't me).  I will also leave pennies on the horse-ride at one of the grocery stores here so that some one else can enjoy the ride as well.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Very nice. I like the penny idea. Might have to do that.

Quoting klbetts:

A young man was eating lunch at the diner where I work and his bill came and he was short money. So I gave hime what he needed to cover the bill and a good tip for the server (no it wasn't me).  I will also leave pennies on the horse-ride at one of the grocery stores here so that some one else can enjoy the ride as well.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
That was nice of you.
LadySarah12
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
A lady with a baby was a few dollars short buying some diapers and i helped her out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)