Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Randon Acts of Kindness

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you done any? Have any ideas of what you might want to do?

I did my 1st one today. I was at Shopko buying phone cards and the cutest little old man was standing behind me holding a Valentine's Day card for his wife so I bought it for him. He was so shocked he didn't know what to say. Made me feel good =)

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
MamaMoopsie
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I do considerate things for people whenever I can. I fully believe in Karma. Last week I got into a relatively short check out line at Wal-Mart with my overflowing grocery cart. I was just about to start putting my groceries up on the belt when I saw that the lady behind me had four things in her cart. I let her go first.

Funny story, a few years ago my husband and I (back when we were just dating) had found a puppy running on a very busy highway. We pulled over and rescued it before it could get hit by a car. It was malnourished, very skinny. We put up flyers about this puppy, but I already had two dogs and the house he was living in already had two dogs and we just couldn't keep this puppy. I put an ad in the paper about this found puppy and no one called. So we called the pound and they were so crowded that they had a 36 hour policy and if the animal was sick or malnourished it didn't even get that amount of time. So we drove 45 minutes to the closest no-kill shelter. On the way there we came upon a woman and her two young kids (like 4 and 6 years old). Her car had broken down and she didn't get cell phone service where we were at. So we gave them all a ride into town. Of course the kids fell in love with the puppy, but mom wasn't so sure. We still ended up dropping puppy off at the no-kill shelter and the woman and her kids at her house. I never thought about them again until recently. I've started seeing an OB/GYN in that town (yes, 45 minutes away) and wouldn't you know, the mom is a nurse there? She remembered me...years later...AND they adopted that puppy after all! His name is Rudy and he's happy and healthy and loved. I almost cried when she showed me pictures. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Great story!!

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

I do considerate things for people whenever I can. I fully believe in Karma. Last week I got into a relatively short check out line at Wal-Mart with my overflowing grocery cart. I was just about to start putting my groceries up on the belt when I saw that the lady behind me had four things in her cart. I let her go first.

Funny story, a few years ago my husband and I (back when we were just dating) had found a puppy running on a very busy highway. We pulled over and rescued it before it could get hit by a car. It was malnourished, very skinny. We put up flyers about this puppy, but I already had two dogs and the house he was living in already had two dogs and we just couldn't keep this puppy. I put an ad in the paper about this found puppy and no one called. So we called the pound and they were so crowded that they had a 36 hour policy and if the animal was sick or malnourished it didn't even get that amount of time. So we drove 45 minutes to the closest no-kill shelter. On the way there we came upon a woman and her two young kids (like 4 and 6 years old). Her car had broken down and she didn't get cell phone service where we were at. So we gave them all a ride into town. Of course the kids fell in love with the puppy, but mom wasn't so sure. We still ended up dropping puppy off at the no-kill shelter and the woman and her kids at her house. I never thought about them again until recently. I've started seeing an OB/GYN in that town (yes, 45 minutes away) and wouldn't you know, the mom is a nurse there? She remembered me...years later...AND they adopted that puppy after all! His name is Rudy and he's happy and healthy and loved. I almost cried when she showed me pictures. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Aww! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM
That is so awesome! :)

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I recently sent some packages to ladies I am in a group with. I'm sure their kiddos will love the suprise. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

That was sweet. 

I plan on doing something for the food bank this thanksgiving and/or christmas time. I want to talk to the food bank ahead of time to make sure that I will have enough to go around... food wise. I wanna bake a cake or a pie or something for them to give out with their meals for the holiday. I'm thinking either an apple pie or a pumpkin pie with a twist. 

wedding countdown

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM

That is awesome.

Quoting Da998:

Last Christmas I picked up a computer that was going to the garbage (luck), i had my techy friend reimage it for basic ms office and internet readiness and I gave it to my friend who has been looking 4 a job for two years. She does not have and cannot afford a computer. Shed been using computers in the library (you wait in line and get to sit at a pc for 5 minutes). She was so shocked, I left her speechless. It was wonderful.

wedding countdown

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM

That is really awesome.

Quoting splatz:

That is so awesome! :)

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

wedding countdown

OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM
How sweet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
In my field, I feel like everyday I do a random act of kindness. I love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)