Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Randon Acts of Kindness

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you done any? Have any ideas of what you might want to do?

I did my 1st one today. I was at Shopko buying phone cards and the cutest little old man was standing behind me holding a Valentine's Day card for his wife so I bought it for him. He was so shocked he didn't know what to say. Made me feel good =)

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Replies (21-25):
lovinmykiddo07
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Most recently..

one of my co-workers has been going through a hard time. After years of being in the military, her husband finally retired, only to become a truck driver. She's home alone a lot, has quite a bit of health issues for her age (early 40's), but is just the sweetest thing. Anyway, she had been telling me that she wanted to see Magic Mike but her husband told her she couldn't (don't get me started on that) buy it. Not because its guys stripping, but because of money issues. I saw it was on sale at Target for $10 so I bought it for her for Valentines day. lol 

Also, every month I donate to our local animal shelter. Money, food, toys, blankets, towels..whatever they might need. Once the money from my settlement is deposited into my account, I also want to donate a bit to the Born This Way Foundation. 

Myruhbel
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Awesome! Well i had packed up two plastic bags full of fruits and multi grain crackers as well as unsalted crackers all unopened and my husband, myself, and our four children were driving around everywhere in downtown looking for homeless people to donate the food to. We finally found a whole bunch of them sleeping on the side of a building and One was standing around so I gave it to him and the other man as well and they were thankful. It felt good to help. I'll be doing it again today hopefully! ^_^
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I love it! What a great valentine's gift =)

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Most recently..

one of my co-workers has been going through a hard time. After years of being in the military, her husband finally retired, only to become a truck driver. She's home alone a lot, has quite a bit of health issues for her age (early 40's), but is just the sweetest thing. Anyway, she had been telling me that she wanted to see Magic Mike but her husband told her she couldn't (don't get me started on that) buy it. Not because its guys stripping, but because of money issues. I saw it was on sale at Target for $10 so I bought it for her for Valentines day. lol 

Also, every month I donate to our local animal shelter. Money, food, toys, blankets, towels..whatever they might need. Once the money from my settlement is deposited into my account, I also want to donate a bit to the Born This Way Foundation. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

That's so sweet!

Quoting Myruhbel:

Awesome! Well i had packed up two plastic bags full of fruits and multi grain crackers as well as unsalted crackers all unopened and my husband, myself, and our four children were driving around everywhere in downtown looking for homeless people to donate the food to. We finally found a whole bunch of them sleeping on the side of a building and One was standing around so I gave it to him and the other man as well and they were thankful. It felt good to help. I'll be doing it again today hopefully! ^_^

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Not often, I should do more. I've paid for the person behind me in the Starbucks drive thru line, lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)