Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Oh how the time flies. My little man will be 8 months old tomorrow! He hasn't quite got the hang of crawling yet but he is starting to pull him self up by the bars of his crib. It looks like I am going to have to lower it soon to keep him from going over the edge! We haven't used it much but we decided to start because he is just getting too wiggly to leave on the bed but he isn't a stable enough sitter to put on the floor! We have hard wood floors and I don't want him to bump his little noggin on the floor!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (11-12):
JenniferMiller0
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Haha. Yeah, I am a super germa-phobe. Elliot is starting to try and crawl. He can get on his knees but he can't move himself forward just yet.

Quoting MoeksieNature:

Ahhh, so we are kinda in the same boat... we also have hard floors, tiles mostly and I read that having animals around your child makes them less prone to allergies. We have 3 dogs outside, and yet again, my husband would not let them come near her and if they lick her toes (throught the gate) then it gets wiped off! So funny! But I do get it. They say with your first baby you are a germa-phobe everything gets washed and sterilised ... comes the second one then everything gets washed not sterilised... comes the 3rd kid, if dummy falls to the floor then the mom picks it up and put it back in baby's mouth! ;) Maybe we will loosen up some day! Enjoy your 8 month-er! :D And let me know when he is hitting all those awesome milestones!

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

I'm also scared that my son will bump his head so I rarely put him on the floor unless he is on his tummy. He is such a spoiled little booger. But he is trying to crawl. He can get somewhat on his hands and knees and starts rocking before he looses his balance. I have a feeling he is going to be a klutz just like his momma.

Aw! that's adobrable that she's already stood up. Elliot did the same thing before I lowered his crib. He somehow managed to get ahold of something next to the crib and pulled himself up on that. So, he did have help.

I just don't put him on the floor because a) we have hard floor and b) we have 2 cats and 2 dogs so I'm sure our floors probably aren't that clean and he sticks everything in his mouth!

Quoting MoeksieNature:

Our babies share a birthday! Mine also 8 months on the 14th Feb! She's not crawling either, but rolling all over, sit unsupported (with pillows piled up around her, DH is scared she'll bump her head. I believe that's why she aint crawling yet ;)... She stood up from a sitting position the other day, without holding on, or pulling on me. That FREAKED me out! I was a walker (rather runner) at 8 months already... It's def possible!

CafeMom Tickers
KRIZZ25
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM
GET U A THICK THROW RUG PUT IN FRONT OF HIS BED.THY GROW FAST.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)