Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Need help from baking mamas!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 6 Replies
My baby girls 1st birthday is at the end of march (I can't believe it!). I am planning a ladybug theme because the 1st outfit her daddy picked for her was a cute little onesie with a ladybug hat and pants with lady bug feet & we called her our little ladybug. So I found a picture of some CUTE sugar cookies that would fit the theme. I'm thinking I could make them. I have an outstanding sugar cookie recipe, but don't know what kind if icing to do for them. Does anybody know what kind or have a recipe they'd be willing to share. They are super cute & I'd like to at least try before we get too close to the party!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:30 AM

We had a ladybug theme for my dd's 1st birthday too, it was so cute. Can you post a pic of the cookies you want to make? You might want to also ask this question in some of the cooking groups. We have some food bloggers in the one below.

ladodger
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Pinned Image

I will post in the cooking board too.  That's an excellent idea!

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM

They are very cute. Maybe the tubes of icing you can buy at a place like walmart might work, might need a small spatula to smooth it out. But I'm sure other ladies will have a better idea, I haven't decorated like that.

blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM

The icing that I use is water and confectioners sugar. Thin the sugar with water. Add food coloring.

pegleg63
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Go to food.com, they have tons of recipes there. You can see the star rating and reviews to pick I recipe you want to try. I have gotten several recipes from that site.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I would stick with royal icing so it'll harden enough so you can stack the cookies without disturbing the icing itself.  You can make it by using 3 tbsp. meringue powder (you can usually by this at your arts and crafts store or even the party store), 4 cups confectioner's sugar, 6 tbsp. warm water.  Beat it all together for about 10 minutes until stiff peaks form.  You can thin it out by adding more water and color it as needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)