Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Ok Moms.....I need your thoughts!

My 3 yr old has been fighting a cold for weeks. Constant runny nose and cough, super red cheeks. He was on a 5 day antibiotic that did nothing. He hasn't had a consistant appetite....some days he will eat 3 bowls of cereal for breakfast and somedays I have to force his dinner.

He just isn't his bubbly, fun self. He breaks down really quickly for no reason, really moody.

I'm just not sure what is going on with him and don't know what else to do. Thoughts???

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
lillucky8
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Could it be allergies? I have a constant cold feeling all the time bc of allergies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassysilvergirl
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Well, I am starting to wonder that. I wouldn't be an outdoor allergy as I live in Michigan and everything is frozen and dead. LOL! So....not really sure what to check next.

mommyof2andTTC
by Alicia on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I'm in michigan also... did you take him to st. John? Henry ford? I find that st. John hospitals suck with kids and actually had to switch my daughter to henry ford... my daughter has had asthma since birth but her dr wouldn't diagnose her at st. John... took her to a henry ford doc and she had been weezing and coughing... and of course the doc says its asthma and FINALLY diagnosed her... if he has a "wet" cough DO NOT USE A HUMIDIFIER!!!!! It makes coughs soooooooo much worse... try a second opinion though...

Quoting sassysilvergirl:

Well, I am starting to wonder that. I wouldn't be an outdoor allergy as I live in Michigan and everything is frozen and dead. LOL! So....not really sure what to check next.

Mommy of 2 girls & Pregs!  twin girls & pregnant belly

Jodi136525
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Sounds like possibly a sinus infection.  He may need another course or a different antibiotic to knock it out. 

OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:36 PM
This

Quoting delanna6two:

I would say check with your drs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I would agree with this too.

Quoting goddess99:

Colds don't need antibiotics and I wouldn't force food. I would put a humidifier in his room, give him plenty of fluids and let him rest.

sassysilvergirl
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM

No, I am near Ann Arbor so it is St Joe's or U of M for us.

I did give him some benedryl to see if that would dry him up a little. Seemed to work although made him sleepy. So....now I am starting to wonder if it is an allergy.......now to figure out what that allergy is! ugh!!!

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

I'm in michigan also... did you take him to st. John? Henry ford? I find that st. John hospitals suck with kids and actually had to switch my daughter to henry ford... my daughter has had asthma since birth but her dr wouldn't diagnose her at st. John... took her to a henry ford doc and she had been weezing and coughing... and of course the doc says its asthma and FINALLY diagnosed her... if he has a "wet" cough DO NOT USE A HUMIDIFIER!!!!! It makes coughs soooooooo much worse... try a second opinion though...

Quoting sassysilvergirl:

937mrsweaver
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM

BUMP!

mommyof2andTTC
by Alicia on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Good luck... My daughter has asthma, nut allergies,, and seafood allergies... She also is allergic to any animal with fur... She takes after her dad with all that crap... Lol

Quoting sassysilvergirl:

Mommy of 2 girls & Pregs!  twin girls & pregnant belly

jdsmell7
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM

My 2yr old has had similar issue for about 1 wk. just push fluids, lots of rest, childrens advil 2-3x/day, & give  daily multivitamin (that come in  gummies now) Also haven't been taking her out in the cold if I dont have to...seems to be working ! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)