Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

cold remedies while pregnant

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:17 AM
  • 8 Replies
The whole house has colds. Super annoying. It came on for the most part last night and throughout the day. It could very well be rsv since I found our today that one of the kids in ds's play group got diagnosed with it and we were around her Monday. She was fine then, but you never know. Are cough drops safe while pregnant? Dh has some, but didn't keep the original package and has them free floating in his lunch box. And he has the dreaded man cold and was kind of a pissy pants like men get when they're sick. What a pain in the ass. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kevindevoto
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:49 AM

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

The whole house has colds. Super annoying. It came on for the most part last night and throughout the day. It could very well be rsv since I found our today that one of the kids in ds's play group got diagnosed with it and we were around her Monday. She was fine then, but you never know. Are cough drops safe while pregnant? Dh has some, but didn't keep the original package and has them free floating in his lunch box. And he has the dreaded man cold and was kind of a pissy pants like men get when they're sick. What a pain in the ass. Lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM

When I was pregnant, there were certain medicines I was told were ok and some not....so I would say just check back with your drs.  Hope everyone gets better...

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Have you looked into sambuccus?

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I don't know what that is

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Have you looked into sambuccus?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Its natural, over the counter elderberry syrup. It's believed to shorten a variety of illnesses. Here's a study they did on some types of influenza - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9395631. I don't know if its safe for pregnant women but you could ask your provider if you are interested. 

hayvensmommy07
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Even when I'm not pregnant I don't take cold meds, my go to is hot green tea with honey, honey helps with cough, tea helps with all the mucus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I drank tea with honey and lemon

ekh2010
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Humidifier. Oregano for congestion honey to soothe neti pot vit c dd is always sick and i keep catching whatever she has and at 8mo preggo cant really take anything. Moo i had to break and take a z pak for recurring sinus infection but everything else ive tried to treat natutally. Also garlic is awesome i took throat soother drops a pharmacist can tell you as well...good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN