Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

1 year old and sleep

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 15 Replies
Hello all!

My baby boy just turned 1 yesterday. Our master bedroom is downstairs and all other rooms are upstairs therefore we have had our son in our room for his first year of life. We decided when he turned 1 we would put him in his own room upstairs (I know it should have been done sooner but I just couldn't bare the thought of being that far away from him). So tonight I put him in his crib upstairs, turned his scout puppy on bedtime music and turned his white noise maker on (usual routine) and he typically falls asleep. But not this time as obviously it is a new environment that he's not used to. Any advise? Tips? How long did it take for your little ones to get used to being in a different room?

Wish me luck :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

just stick with this new routine and dont give in. its hard. you and he will get used to it. My 5 month old is sleeping in her own room now and our room is in the back of the house. She is doing well. I have one of those vidoe monitors so it keeps me sane.lol. I had a harder time with this one than i did with my oldest at this age.I never had a problem switching my oldest daughter to her own room and crib. I think its because she is my last baby.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM

good luck

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Good luck
meg90
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Its crazy..my 2 year old doesn't like to sleep in his room! I put him in there..couple hour later he is at my bedside. He isn't use to sleeping with us. He does occasionally does. But his thing is the couch or recliner. Craziness! Anything to make him sleep I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meg90
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM
He does occasionally *
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HanRyan6
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM
After Reading some of the comments I was thinking about my family, I let my kids do as they choose... one of my triplets feel the need to sleep in my bed every night along with my 3rd oldest. So I have a baby and a toddler in bed with me almost every night
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I think its normal for the adjustment period to be hard. Just give it time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM
idk my 6 yr old still wont sleep in his room. But starting tomorrow im moving him in there again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdakon
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:07 PM

My little boy slept with me till he was 2 and it was the hardest thing i ever done. The best thing i can say is stick to your guns. Put him to bed and explain to him this is your big boy room and you have to sleep there and if he gets up and runs out put him right back in bed. It might be hard for a while but it will be worth it in the end.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Quoting splatz:

I think its normal for the adjustment period to be hard. Just give it time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)