Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Ever since dh an I finally got married in november, ds had been asking if he can marry me too. I try and explain as best I can to a nearly 4 year old that mommies can't marry their kids. Lately he has been asking "mommy, why can't you just make me jewish and marry me?!" Lmao. No idea where he got the jewish thing, as were not jewish, and I don't think I even know anyone who's jewish. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
BamaMomto4
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM

He may have heard someone say something like " Jesus and his mother Mary(marry)".If he knows that Jesus was a Jew  he may have come to the conclusion that Jewish boys can marry their mothers.

Lisa

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Were not religious and he has never been to church. I am atheist and dh is agnostic

Quoting BamaMomto4:

He may have heard someone say something like " Jesus and his mother Mary(marry)".If he knows that Jesus was a Jew  he may have come to the conclusion that Jewish boys can marry their mothers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybabysmama35
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:17 PM

That's cute! When I was a little kid I wanted to marry my dad. I found out later that I couldn't! LOL!!! Kids come up with some funny ideas!

BamaMomto4
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I was just guessing where he could have come up with the conclusion he did. He obviously has heard of Jews. He could have heard it anywhere it wouldn't have to be at church or home. 

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

Were not religious and he has never been to church. I am atheist and dh is agnostic

Quoting BamaMomto4:

Lisa

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:50 AM

LOL, I think all kids go through that. My son has told me the same thing. It's cute really.

Shaybay218
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:45 AM

LOL too cute

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM
He tells me sometines he wants to kiss like mommy abd daddy kiss. Lol

Quoting SarineLewis:

Lol, cute!

My 13 mo ds often tries to make out with me. It's adorable

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Cute

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

awww...

emarin77
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM

My 4 year old son has asked me the same thing, not the Jewish thing though, lol.  He asked me this after he saw my wedding pictures and stated that I was a princess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)