Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Change of schedule

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a 10, soon to be 11 year old daughter who goes back and forth between mine and my husband's house and her dad's.  I have 50/50 custody with him, she stays with me during the week and goes to his house every weekend.

For the past few months she has made it very clear that she doesn't enjoy going over there.  She says all he does is drink or is asleep and she is practically by herself all the time.  She told him before she didn't want to go over there every weekend and he about blew a gasket and said he would change (that lasted about a week (reminds me of when I was married to him)).

Last month she asked if there was anything the courts could do to change the arrangement we have.  I told her there is some paperwork we can file to see about switching it.  I told her if we do this the judge will probably want to talk to you and she said "I'll be honest and tell the judge all my dad does it drink alcohol and pass out.  I have to cook myself something to eat.  Plus I want to live at your house because you have more structure."

I haven't done any of the paper work and she keeps asking me about it.  Any suggestions?!?!?!?!  In Arizona the child has to be 13 to choose which parent he/she would like to live with; but I think sometimes kids are smarter younger.

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Replies (11-11):
thatgirl70
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I would fill out the paperwork.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)