Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I need help, my 9 yr old daughter is writing suicide letters....

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi my name is Heather, I have 4 beautiful children, 2 of them are step daughters, we all seem to have a great relationship.  I am going thru a divorce and my kids dad gave up guardianship of my daughter to his mom without notifying me because i was going thru a very unstable period.  I have been in full contact with my daughter for a year and things have been really good between us.  But recently, she has written two letters stating she wants to kill herself.  The first one, she said it was because of her teacher (she has a very strict teacher that picks on a few select students and this issue is being addressed by the schoolboard),  but said she had no intentions of following thru.  Then I found out today that she wrote another letter, and this time she has planned something, this time it is the teacher and other things.  I dont know what to do for her,  she doesnt live with me and so I have no say over what happens with her medically, but she does go to therapy, and was just hospitalized in the psychiatric dept. for the second note.  Her grandmother is very manipulative, and admits she alienated me from her for a few years because she thought it was in my daughters best interest.  Im going to see my daughter this week, and i told her that we needed to talk about these letters, but she said her grandmother doesnt want me to talk to her about any of this.  My daughter needs me, and she needs to know I love her no matter what.  But if something were to happen to her, I dont know what Id do.  It is so hard for me to be stuck in this situation.  I have encountered one set back after another trying to get back on my feet so I can get her back, but in the mean time, what do I do to try and keep her in a positive light??? I'm so lost, I never thought I would have to deal with this.  How does a 9 year old think of suicide as an answer to their problems?  I dont have a good support system as my family does not live in the state, so I feel alone.  Any one, please, I need to have someone to talk to that can help me.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Replies (41-42):
proudmumof5
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Where ya live, ill come get u and we can both hit her! lol, she has her days where she can be nice, but overall, she is a controlling and manipulative woman, and I really dont feel like she has my daughter's Best interest.  I mean, I know she does love her, but her idea of love also is to buy my kid whatever she wants and is always buying things before I can so she can try to make me look bad.  Luckily, my daughter is very smart and has started to catch on, she told me yesterday, that no one is gonna buy her love.  <3

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I don't like grandma from the way you talk i wanna punch her in the face

Quoting proudmumof5:

Im in the process, her writing these letters was a hault to some things, she will tell the courts, she has told everyone already its just a matter of time, patience is my best friend.simple smile

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Go to the courts file to get your daughter back she can tell them she wants to live with you and then go from there

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol i'm in michigan yea i'd be knocking her out lol

Quoting proudmumof5:

Where ya live, ill come get u and we can both hit her! lol, she has her days where she can be nice, but overall, she is a controlling and manipulative woman, and I really dont feel like she has my daughter's Best interest.  I mean, I know she does love her, but her idea of love also is to buy my kid whatever she wants and is always buying things before I can so she can try to make me look bad.  Luckily, my daughter is very smart and has started to catch on, she told me yesterday, that no one is gonna buy her love.  <3

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I don't like grandma from the way you talk i wanna punch her in the face

Quoting proudmumof5:

Im in the process, her writing these letters was a hault to some things, she will tell the courts, she has told everyone already its just a matter of time, patience is my best friend.simple smile

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Go to the courts file to get your daughter back she can tell them she wants to live with you and then go from there

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)