Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Are You a Mom of Three or More Kids?

6 Things Not to Say to a Mom With 'Lots' of Kids

Posted by Kristen Chase

6 annoying things people say to big familiesI wish I could say I was surprised at the stupid things people say to parents, but I'm not. Since having my first child almost 9 years ago, I've learned that parenting is something that everyone, even people who don't have kids, have an opinion about.

Whatever happened to "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

The comments I thought were bad when I had one kid are about 400 times worse now that I have four kids. But today, instead of smiling and laughing like I usually do since I usually have my kids with me when I hear this crap, I'm going to share the craziest things people have said to me and what I'd love to tell them. Or where to shove it.

1. You do know where babies come from, right? You know, it's funny you mention that because I was just asking myself the other day "Where do babies come from?" and then my vagina piped up and reminded me of the combined 30 hours of labor and all those stitches.
  2. Wow, you really have your hands full! Are you kidding? This is a spa vacation. See, I actually have about 20 more children at home but I keep them all locked in a closet and rotate out the good ones.
  3. You must have a lot of sex. Well, don't tell anyone, but I actually bought these kids on the black market. But yes, I have sex. A lot. Probably a lot more than you do, especially if you say stupid crap like that all the time. 
  4. You are my hero. Oh gosh, thank you. My vagina is blushing.
  5. I'm so glad I stopped at two kids. If you think it's okay to say something like that in public to a mom, in front of her children, I'm really glad you stopped too.
  6. You must like torture. Wait a second. This is so bizarre. Have you been looking into my bedroom?

Moms of 3 or more kids, what comments drive you crazy?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
kahlansmommy
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I have 6 brothers and sisters. I always get "are you Catholic" ? drives me crazy. and, how about them Duggers? Who are they to judge? I say, more power to her. Are they living off the government? NO! Do they have any debt? NO!

How can people judge those that want a bunch of chillins' and are able to fully care for them?

I have had 4 children (one in heaven) and I want at least one more!

natalieumphrey
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM

i have 10 kids (3 sets of twins) i hear it all and more...... the best one yet......(so nice of you to get all the cousins together)

MommyMarcoux
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I am 22, going on 23. The comments that make me roll my eyes most are the "Aren't you done yet", "You are awfully young to have so many kids", and "Another one? Are you trying for a football team?". I roll my eyes and laugh it off.

Krystle21
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I get the you have your hands full comment a lot. Some have asked me if they're triplets, I just go with it if I'm in the mood to be funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SerenityBerry
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:18 AM

We have three, a seven year old and twin 10 month olds. 

We get sick of "Are they twins?" "You have your hands full" "Better you than me" "How do you....(this is in regard to the care of the infant twins)

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I have 4. My favorite is "Are you done yet?"

simplysarahd
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I heard number 2 and 5 over the weekend!! People are idiots....

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Let's not forget "How do you handle x amount of kids?" 

Vikki77
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 4. A man recently asked me, "Don't y'all have a tv?" I replied, "Yes we do. How do you think we keep them busy?" Hee didn't have anything to say after that. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Mom of 6 and I hear 1, 2, and 5 a lot. I've learned to ignore it for the most part.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)