Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Are You a Mom of Three or More Kids?

6 Things Not to Say to a Mom With 'Lots' of Kids

Posted by Kristen Chase

6 annoying things people say to big familiesI wish I could say I was surprised at the stupid things people say to parents, but I'm not. Since having my first child almost 9 years ago, I've learned that parenting is something that everyone, even people who don't have kids, have an opinion about.

Whatever happened to "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

The comments I thought were bad when I had one kid are about 400 times worse now that I have four kids. But today, instead of smiling and laughing like I usually do since I usually have my kids with me when I hear this crap, I'm going to share the craziest things people have said to me and what I'd love to tell them. Or where to shove it.

1. You do know where babies come from, right? You know, it's funny you mention that because I was just asking myself the other day "Where do babies come from?" and then my vagina piped up and reminded me of the combined 30 hours of labor and all those stitches.
  2. Wow, you really have your hands full! Are you kidding? This is a spa vacation. See, I actually have about 20 more children at home but I keep them all locked in a closet and rotate out the good ones.
  3. You must have a lot of sex. Well, don't tell anyone, but I actually bought these kids on the black market. But yes, I have sex. A lot. Probably a lot more than you do, especially if you say stupid crap like that all the time. 
  4. You are my hero. Oh gosh, thank you. My vagina is blushing.
  5. I'm so glad I stopped at two kids. If you think it's okay to say something like that in public to a mom, in front of her children, I'm really glad you stopped too.
  6. You must like torture. Wait a second. This is so bizarre. Have you been looking into my bedroom?

Moms of 3 or more kids, what comments drive you crazy?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
ProudOf-CandR
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I am a mom of three handsome sons and a question or comment I loath is when someone dares to slide it in.... did you secretly try for a third in hopes for a daughter! I get so upset at this I love all my boys equally. It has nothing to do with their birth order and gender:)

ThreeGreatBoys
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:35 PM

The saying that makes me tic is.... "Oh my how can you handle not only three, but three boys!" I have wonderful boys and they are so well behaved I don't see life that way:)

OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:26 AM
No thanks lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momamanda
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:04 PM

When I was pregnant with #3 I had my 1 yo and 3 yo with me and the cashier said " um. and you're having a another one?" I was like "umm yeah!" They were not even being bad! Actually it was one of those rare occasions when they were being good! haha Or the famous "You got your hands full don't you?" I only have 3 kids which I do not consider alot. I don't get to many comments now that they are 5,6, and 9.

elizabeth.j.E
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:50 AM
That is funny.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM

LOL I've never heard any of these things...

shortyali
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM
When I was pregnant for #3 I was asked often why unwanted to ruin my perfect family. I had 1 boy and 1 girl already so why ruin that. I wasn't aware that if you already had 1 of each you weren't allowed to have anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I have a BIG one not to say.  I lost one to SIDS and one to miscarrriage.  A guy we kind of knew looked in the back of my car and said "you have enough any way" I've had five.  I was livid this guy only knew us from filling up at his station.  Jerk.

pasteeater
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM

You should have said "tiebreaker" lol.

Quoting shortyali:

When I was pregnant for #3 I was asked often why unwanted to ruin my perfect family. I had 1 boy and 1 girl already so why ruin that. I wasn't aware that if you already had 1 of each you weren't allowed to have anymore.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Haha...love this post!

I have four children and I hear some odd ones from time to time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)