Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Are You a Mom of Three or More Kids?

6 Things Not to Say to a Mom With 'Lots' of Kids

Posted by Kristen Chase

6 annoying things people say to big familiesI wish I could say I was surprised at the stupid things people say to parents, but I'm not. Since having my first child almost 9 years ago, I've learned that parenting is something that everyone, even people who don't have kids, have an opinion about.

Whatever happened to "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

The comments I thought were bad when I had one kid are about 400 times worse now that I have four kids. But today, instead of smiling and laughing like I usually do since I usually have my kids with me when I hear this crap, I'm going to share the craziest things people have said to me and what I'd love to tell them. Or where to shove it.

1. You do know where babies come from, right? You know, it's funny you mention that because I was just asking myself the other day "Where do babies come from?" and then my vagina piped up and reminded me of the combined 30 hours of labor and all those stitches.
  2. Wow, you really have your hands full! Are you kidding? This is a spa vacation. See, I actually have about 20 more children at home but I keep them all locked in a closet and rotate out the good ones.
  3. You must have a lot of sex. Well, don't tell anyone, but I actually bought these kids on the black market. But yes, I have sex. A lot. Probably a lot more than you do, especially if you say stupid crap like that all the time. 
  4. You are my hero. Oh gosh, thank you. My vagina is blushing.
  5. I'm so glad I stopped at two kids. If you think it's okay to say something like that in public to a mom, in front of her children, I'm really glad you stopped too.
  6. You must like torture. Wait a second. This is so bizarre. Have you been looking into my bedroom?

Moms of 3 or more kids, what comments drive you crazy?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
cali7thheaven
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM

My poor stepdaughter is going through that already and her twins aren't due until April 12.  She keeps getting asked if they were conceived naturally, IVF or a sperm donor.  They were conceived naturally.  I just wish people would keep their mouths shut sometimes.  I keep getting asked if all 7 of my children are mine (5 of them are- the other 2 are my SD and SS).  I just tell them that they all have the same dad if that's what you're getting at.  They do all have the same father.

Quoting momoftwins9603:

I have a nine yr old and a set of boy twins and people are always asking are they really twins?They usually ask to did you plan them or did you have in in vitro for my twins.Peope sometimes better off not saying anything lol.

sevengirls77
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM

lol

MichelleMc
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM

A lot of my friends have 3 or more. I don't get why people give the hard time. But I guess the same reason why I get a hard time for having 1. People put their nose where it doesn't belong & feel they have some rights they don't have. Like there is some magic number that only the noisy person knows! LOL

AthenaGrace
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I hate comments about, "too many," kids or exaggerations like, "you'll need a bus," or, "you can start your own school." 

Too many??? What, is there a limit we didn't know about? Why is it such a bad thing to have more than one? So annoying when people say we have too many or enough already or something. 

Btw we have four and one on the way.

AthenaGrace
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Quoting cali7thheaven:

My poor stepdaughter is going through that already and her twins aren't due until April 12.  She keeps getting asked if they were conceived naturally, IVF or a sperm donor.  They were conceived naturally.  I just wish people would keep their mouths shut sometimes.  I keep getting asked if all 7 of my children are mine (5 of them are- the other 2 are my SD and SS).  I just tell them that they all have the same dad if that's what you're getting at.  They do all have the same father.

Quoting momoftwins9603:

I have a nine yr old and a set of boy twins and people are always asking are they really twins?They usually ask to did you plan them or did you have in in vitro for my twins.Peope sometimes better off not saying anything lol.

I hate when I get asked if they're all mine! They are step, but that doesn't make that question any less rude. 

pamelax3
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM

lol

erika9009
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I've got all those in one form or another. 

And my response to #1 to a bitc.....  I know was.........

"Yeah, I just don't wearing panties out at bars.  It's just faster that way"

starfire59
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  1.  I have 6 kids
  2. Do they all belong to you?
  3. How do you keep their names straight?
  4. How do you afford them.
  5. Twins were they planned.  I tell them only 1 of the twins was planned and the other was an accident!
jenzachsam
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM

1.  Do they all have the same father?  No dumbass he's just with me for my health!  Of course they all have the same father.  

2.  You are selfish and overpopulating our world.  <----Yep all the time!  How dare I have 4 spawns like me.

3.  You must have your hands full..<----Actually no, and my kids are the most behave kids.

Shaybay218
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I have 3 girls...lol i always get try for a boy...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN