Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

1st Time Mom... Dads back at work:(

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM
  • 17 Replies
I was lucky enough to have my Hubby home for 7 weeks. We have no more savings and can barely make rent/bills. I left out, the week I found out I was pregnant, I lost my job. Times are tough, to say the least. I'm not depressed, just a bit overwhelmed being home by myself for 9-10 hours a day now without him. He's not there to help when she's cranky or with bath time or when I'm just plain exhausted. I'm breast feeding every 2-3 hours. What's your best advice for me? Will this pass? So stressed about EVERYTHING. Needing/Wanting a job, still nervous to go out a lot because when she's cranky, it's hard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM

You'll get in the swing of doing it alone. It'll get easier.

OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:17 PM
You can do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snharden44
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:57 PM
It helpede to go sit on the porch, even if he was crying. As long as they're dressed appropriately, fed changed, etc. sometimes you just need a quiet minute to breath.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jazmyne052010
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I do a couple things. I've found sitting and dwelling on tough times doesn't get me anywhere cause I shut down. I don't deny what's going on, but I sit and tell myself "Okay this is the situation now we have to figure out the best way to deal with it." Sometimes I just find time to be alone and have a good cry. Get all the emotions out. It almost makes the tough times easier to take on. That's just me though. Try to remember that you're only given what you can handle and you're a tough mom who'll get through it. Hugs. :-)

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM
It gets easier mama! Once you settle into your own routine with dad gone it will get better. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Molly2u
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM

It gets easier. Try going for walks with the baby but do dress up warm. I loved taking walks with my baby in the snow. Next I was taking my baby to the library not far away from home. 

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Just hang in there sweets.  We've all been there and done that.  You will become a pro very soon :)

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM

It will get better. It just takes time.

mamabear1126
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

It will get so much better :) i am 20 and a new mom as well. My boyfriend is at work all day and being at home by yourself is both amazing because you get amazing bonding time with your little one, and also overwhelming at times and lonesome. But if you ever need to talk i am here for you :) I know exactly how you feel :/

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Hugs...just give yourself time and take it little at a time....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN