Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Question about the IUD

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 17 Replies
Hello LAdies!!

Sooooo, I got the IUD in November... I didn't sleep with my husband until 2-3 weeks after I got it put in, BUT I have NOT gotten my period since the middle of December... Is this normal?? Should I be worried? Should I take a test?? I don't feel pregnancy symptoms.. I hope you ladies can help!

Thank You!! Thank You!
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheLadyAmalthea
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I have the Mirena, and I don't have periods. I will get random spotting here and there. If you are worried about it, take a test. I have taken two tests so far in the three years I have had it, both negative.

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Hope you are able to find an answer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karla1948
My daughter is here until December. I'm so delighted!
Today at 3:24 PM
by VS120 Lady on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Perfectly normal if you're wearing a Mirena. My daughter wears one, she's 35, and does not menstruate. But if you're wearing a ParaGard (like I did for 20 years), then there's something wrong.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

jamfam23
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM
sounds kinda scary.. im in the process of changing birth control also.. changing from shot to implanon.. havent yet but kinda scared.. If I.were u take a test just to make ur self feel better knowing then not knowing for a
more secur feeling.. good luck and if u find out congrats...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Take a test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:23 PM
20 years? I've had mine for 4. I thought they were new!

Quoting Karla1948:

Perfectly normal if you're wearing a Mirena. My daughter wears one, she's 35, and does not menstruate. But if you're wearing a ParaGard (like I did for 20 years), then there's something wrong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karla1948
by VS120 Lady on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:19 PM

ParaGard (a.k.a. Copper-T) has been around since at least the 80's. But Mirena didn't come out until the 90's.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I have paraguard and love it. Did you have any children after having it removed?

Quoting Karla1948:

ParaGard (a.k.a. Copper-T) has been around since at least the 80's. But Mirena didn't come out until the 90's.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karla1948
by VS120 Lady on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:50 PM

No. By the time I had it removed, I was beyond menopause, and no longer needed B/C. But if for whatever reason I had to go back on B/C, it would be the ParaGard, no doubt whatsoever.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

I have paraguard and love it. Did you have any children after having it removed?

Quoting Karla1948:

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I would take a test or go to Dr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)