Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Question about the IUD

Posted by   + Show Post
Hello LAdies!!

Sooooo, I got the IUD in November... I didn't sleep with my husband until 2-3 weeks after I got it put in, BUT I have NOT gotten my period since the middle of December... Is this normal?? Should I be worried? Should I take a test?? I don't feel pregnancy symptoms.. I hope you ladies can help!

Thank You!! Thank You!
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (11-17):
SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
They came out a long time ago but got taken off the market b/c they caused so many problems. Now they are back....still causing problems only worse b/c of the added hormones.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

20 years? I've had mine for 4. I thought they were new!

Quoting Karla1948:

Perfectly normal if you're wearing a Mirena. My daughter wears one, she's 35, and does not menstruate. But if you're wearing a ParaGard (like I did for 20 years), then there's something wrong.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
I don't know OP but here's a bump b
PEEK05

Yes it is normal.

OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Para guard is hormone free.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

They came out a long time ago but got taken off the market b/c they caused so many problems. Now they are back....still causing problems only worse b/c of the added hormones.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

Perfectly normal if you're wearing a Mirena. My daughter wears one, she's 35, and does not menstruate. But if you're wearing a ParaGard (like I did for 20 years), then there's something wrong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Right, that's not the only one on the market. 

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Para guard is hormone free.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting Karla1948:

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

If you have the mirena then that's normal.  I dont' know about the others. 

Supermommyof423
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I'm sure u r fine. Some women don't have periods when they have an iud. Your ob will tell u that. Be thankful u aren't having one right now. I have the implanon and sometimes when my hubby and i have sex i start bleeding the next day or the same day. I wouldn't be getting worried cuz its normal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN