Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Hey everyone!
To make myself feel not so crazy I need to post this to get this off my chest.
Since my son was born (now a year ago- crazy!) I have been feeling like I don't get anything done around the house. I am a stay at home mom and I feel I do so much around the house to the point where I'm exhausted, but when I look around the house at the end of the day I feel like nothing has been done. I don't know if I just have high expectations or what but I feel like there is so much to do. Then when it comes time to go to bed I just lay there and say to myself "there is no time for sleep.. I need to do laundry, dishes, vacuuming, etc". I'm wondering if any of you moms feel the same?
As soon as I get the sink cleaned out and everything put away, it's lunch time.. So there goes another pile of dishes. Yes, I know there's a dishwasher BUT come on.. I'd rather hand wash and dry everything than empty a dishwasher.. I'll do laundry all day every day for a month as long as I don't have to empty the stupid dishwasher!
Also.. I have post partum hair loss like no other, so the minute I vacuum I have hair falling behind me and its as if I never vacuumed. Ah!
Please make me feel normal :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Replies (21-25):
ARMYWife624
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I'm not a sahm but I am home enough. I have between 8-2 to clean but I also have school work. My house feels like its always a wreck!!! You're normal!! Lol

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Totally agree.

Quoting goddess99:

I'm a sahm and I have learned to just let it go. You'll never win the dishes, laundry, vacuum battle so I stopped trying. I do dishes every day, I do laundry a couple times a week and vacuum when it needs it. I pick up all day, every day, little things here and there. You just have to let go, I'm sure your house is fine. Just enjoy your son, don't worry about it.

Eve-marie
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Join the club, momma. We love them but honestly kids are the reason we have an impossibly dirty house. They don't clean anything, and by the time you get anything done they have undone it. I just do what I feel up to. Give yourself a spa day or something every now and then so you can relax and feel like a person.

elizabeth.j.E
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Things do pile up and sometimes you want to pull out your hair. We need one of those easy buttons click it and all be its dune more time to do other things. I enjoy doing all I can for my kids. I love making this house a home. But sometimes I wish there was not a hole lot to do. I want to enjoy play time or learning time with my kids.
MJP76
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:26 PM

No, I don't have this issue, I'm very organized. I do a deep cleaning once a week, and clean periodically during the week.

as far as laundry is concerned my laundry room has a door on it, so I don't see the clothes piling up, and we have a laundry basket upstairs in a closet also, that we keep the door shut. Laundry gets done on Friday (usually 7 loads, if you count towels and bed sheets) usually it takes the entire day to do laundry, but I can clean in between, and all the laundry is done and put away in one day.

i will say that before my kids were in school, I did feel overwhelmed occasionally because of the things that needed done, but they still got done regardless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN