Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Hey everyone!
To make myself feel not so crazy I need to post this to get this off my chest.
Since my son was born (now a year ago- crazy!) I have been feeling like I don't get anything done around the house. I am a stay at home mom and I feel I do so much around the house to the point where I'm exhausted, but when I look around the house at the end of the day I feel like nothing has been done. I don't know if I just have high expectations or what but I feel like there is so much to do. Then when it comes time to go to bed I just lay there and say to myself "there is no time for sleep.. I need to do laundry, dishes, vacuuming, etc". I'm wondering if any of you moms feel the same?
As soon as I get the sink cleaned out and everything put away, it's lunch time.. So there goes another pile of dishes. Yes, I know there's a dishwasher BUT come on.. I'd rather hand wash and dry everything than empty a dishwasher.. I'll do laundry all day every day for a month as long as I don't have to empty the stupid dishwasher!
Also.. I have post partum hair loss like no other, so the minute I vacuum I have hair falling behind me and its as if I never vacuumed. Ah!
Please make me feel normal :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
MamaGG76
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I'm a sahm w/ a combined family of 5 boys between the ages of 2 to 16.  I feel like my house is ok not spotless but my bathroom is the worse.  Even though all my boys are potty trained, it feels as if they need a crash corse on how to pee straight, " including my husband".  I do not allow my boys to use my bathroom and I keep a container of Lysol wipes by the Toilet.  Every time I see one of the boys walking in that direction, I make them put gloves on and wipe the toilet down.  They'll learn sooner ar later. Lol

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Some people like Fly Lady.
PEEK05
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM

It is probably high expectations. I am the same way most of the time.

WildSkittles
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

You are definitely normal. I'm a SAHM too. I have a 9 yr old and a 21 month old. My boyfriend works at night so I'm constantly cleaning, cooking, helping with homework, soccer practices and attending to my little one that gets into everythiing! I'm so exsauhsted and overwhemled because i feel like nothing gets done no matter how early i start my day. I like to be organized and clean but my life is definitly not that haha. My mind goes crazy with a what-to-do-lists at night to the point i have a hard time falling asleep. I did learn to just, let go of things and it made it easier. We all have similar stories. We all stress over something in our lives. But we also all have wonderful children, husbands, boyfriends ect. that makes everything worth it. Good Luck to you :)

KRIZZ25
motherhood is not a race..u can't outdo one another..u go go ur own speed.
Today at 2:56 AM
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:27 AM
MAYBIE U NEED HELP.. U COULD BE DEPRESSED..U CAN BE DEPRESSED AND ACT THAT WAY ..
TaygansMommy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:03 AM

My MIL isn't a "housekeeper", but she does clean for a few people. Some of them only call once a month, others she cleans for once a week. Maybe try checking into someone like that? She dusts, sweeps, mops, cleans the bathrooms, and vacuums.

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

I am wahsahm, I am up at 6am every morning, getting ready to get DS to school and get myself logged in to send out reports for work. By 11am I so tired. And looking around the house it feels hopeless. I clean everday. Clean up after my Pig boys. I got this app on my ipad that zones my house and has a 15 minute timer for universal cleaning....please doesn't work. My husband has seen how exhausting it is, we have a pretty big house, its hard. He has suggested hiring a housekeeper, I dont like idea of someone in my house cleaning my mess. But maybe just someone to do the little things I don't get too, like the baseboards or mopping a hallway, or just little cleaning, I am up for anything. I understand how you feel though.  If feels hopeless at times.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM

This happens at my house as well. It's like as I'm sweeping the floor more dirt and dust fall on the floor behind it, appearing out of nowhere.

wedding countdown

kss12
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Thank you everyone! Now I feel totally normal! My husband and I do have very high expectations. He tries to help as much as he can but he works a LOT and when he's home and I see him lifting a finger I tell him to stop and that ill take care of it. He does enough all day, so it is partially my fault for not accepting help. Anyway, everyone finds something that works for them and I think it's time I lower my expectations :)
@KRIZZ25 - I'm assuming you're not a stay at home mom? I am definitely not depressed what so ever, just overwhelmed. I'm sure if you were a stay at home mom, or a mom in general you'd have a different response to this post, but thank you for giving your opinion :)
Myruhbel
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I'd help you feel normal but this is exactly how I am feelin. :(
amanda81919
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I know what you mean. I wake up at 6. And get my son to school, and come back with my 3 yr old.vacum, breakfast, dishes, one load laundy, clean my room, and change clothes over, have her clean their room, clean bathroom, and downstairs bathroom, then the rooms downstairs, and the den, pick my son up, clean and sweep garage. Dinner. Sweep, vacuum, and mop.baths , bed for dd, tv, then bed for ds. Then its time for me to sleep, and up again. And then on weekends only sweeping and laundy and dishes. I don't really clean when he's home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)