Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

is this strange?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

i've been having a hard time with my 20 month old not eating his fruits and vegggies. So one day I bought blueberries with the hopes that he  would eat them because they look like smurfberries  from the live action smurfs movie (which he loves). I told him that mommy found some smurfberries at the store and they were yummy. Let's just say, we've gone through a lot of blueberries since then. Is it strange that i did that? I'm trying to find another way to see if i can get him to eat other fruits and veggies, but he seems to favor the "smurfberries". So mommies with older kids, how do you get them to eat their fruits and veggies?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

It's a cute idea. I never had a problem getting my dd to eat fruits or veggies. Broccoli has always been her favorite food.

lbriones24
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM

No there is nothing wrong with that! Aother fruit that I would give a try is cutties my 2 yr old loves it bc he gets to peel it all on his own!
I also get my two year old to eat his veggies when I add a dip to it! weather is dressing or cheese!
Dress them up! Have fun create with fruit and veggies then let him eat the master piece!

ZazaGoszzy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:50 PM

i got him to eat strawberries a little after this post by calling them  "mommyberries" Then i told him that  mommyberries are mommy's favorite food in the whole wide world! Lol, that worked. I've tried serving veggies with dips and such, he ate the dip, but not the veggies lol. Go figure lol.

Quoting lbriones24:

No there is nothing wrong with that! Aother fruit that I would give a try is cutties my 2 yr old loves it bc he gets to peel it all on his own!
I also get my two year old to eat his veggies when I add a dip to it! weather is dressing or cheese!
Dress them up! Have fun create with fruit and veggies then let him eat the master piece!

ZazaGoszzy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

you are so lucky! He used to love his veggies, then out of nowhere, he began feeding them to the dog or throwing them at dh. I think the only time he eats his veggies are when they are in a stew. lol 

Quoting goddess99:

It's a cute idea. I never had a problem getting my dd to eat fruits or veggies. Broccoli has always been her favorite food.

mommyof2andTTC
by Alicia on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:17 PM

cut them very small like tiny... then add then to hamburgers... my daughter will eat everything on her plate if she can have 1 scoop of ice cream after

Mommy of 2 girls & Pregs!  twin girls & pregnant belly

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Not strange but be careful about giving too many blueberries. My aunt got divurticulitis from eating too many.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZazaGoszzy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM

i didn't know that! Thank you for letting me know.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Not strange but be careful about giving too many blueberries. My aunt got divurticulitis from eating too many.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Not strange. A good idea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Whatever works is a good thing....glad things worked out....There are certain veggies mine eat pretty good...so I go with that...They are all 6 and older....Everyone will eat broccoli and green beans or fresh veggies dipped in ranch...so I go with those a lot of times.

lbriones24
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM

lol! my son does that with celery! Will eat the dressing or penut butter not the dressing!

dont give up! keep trying new ideas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)