Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi ladies,i bought a hamster about little more then a week ago she is a Russian dwarf hamster,i gave get time after brought her over been trying touch her she just sucks me and bites me idk watt to do maybe more time she still very scared? Any ideas, does anyone have a hamster of their own advise please
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Replies (11-12):
suetoo
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Hi! She is scared. Try a gentle intro. Softly say her name and lay your hand, holding treat, on the outside of her cage door. A few times a day, for say, 3 days. Then drop treat in. After several more days, add opening cage door and talking softly, telling her how good the treat will be, for a few days. Then, cont holding treat and talking and touching her food bowl trying to entice her to come and get it. Always give a pet a safe hidey hole or bed where they are never disturbed or touched in it. Every pet deserves a sanctuary. Good luck! My DDs Hammie loved his exercise wheel. I can still hear him galloping around it! :-)

dancer
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I had both males and females,the males were always nice the females never liked me.  My female ate the male! Do not get a male unless you get rid of her first!!!!   Take it back to the store you got it from and get a boy!!!!   They are really nice and sweet and fun!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)