Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Face Rash

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM
  • 11 Replies

So, my 8 month old has this rash on his face. It doesn't seem to bother him and it is not raised. It's mostly on his cheeks and around his mouth. He's teething, he has five teeth right now with more to come, so I assume it is from all the drooling. Just wondering what all you mommies think.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Knightquester
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It could also be eczema.  My second born had it really bad and she started getting it around that age, and she was teething.  Her pediatrician told me she was allergic to her saliva and it was due to the teething and to.d me to put Vaseline on it (worse thing you can possibly do).

I went on a vacation and to make a long story short had to take my two girls to the doctor (for something none skin related).  The doctor told me I should get my second child's eczema looked at... I asked questions, he gave me samples of a creme that took care of it.  From then on she's kept it contained to where you wouldn't know she's ever had it.

I guess my point is I would take your 8mo. old in to be checked out, but I would also ask if it's eczema since I have heard other situations like mine where it wasn't diagnosed until the child was older.

JenniferMiller0
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Decided to post a pic of his face. He also has rashes on his knees and arms. Those appeared first but I just assumed those were from his increasing mobility. He can get on his arms and knees pretty well now.

ilovemyboys84
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Looks like eczema
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferMiller0
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Well, what causes eczema? Anything I can do to help make the rash go away?

ilovemyboys84
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Take him to the Dr..I don't care for the prescription creams. I use pure unrefined coconut oil on my boys and it does wonders. Use very mild soap when u wash his face. Don't use buble baths and don't bathe everyday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:27 AM
Is it rough to the touch?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Looks like eczema to me. You should take him to the doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Ecxema is usually caused by food allergies. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I think the same as you. My dd was like that too. I don't recall doing anything for it.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

check with your drs. to be sure...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)