Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

14 month old and naps

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 14 month old son will not take good naps. he used to take great naps.  i know he is teething but i am keeping up on pain medication. His poor little eyes are red and he is beyond tired. I let him cry for a while and some times he calms down and just talks to himself and other times he will just cry and cry and cry. i don't want to make it a habit of me going in to get him just because he is crying. 

Anyone have any advice on what i can do. maybe activities i can do to get him tired? Im a stay at home mom and i feel like he gets sick of just playing by himself or with me. 

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Do you think maybe the pain medication is making him have a hard time to fall asleep?  I think I'd go a more natural route (teethers, frozen juice, etc) instead. 

Otherwise, maybe do some activities that will help make him sleepy... read a book to him in a quiet room, play relaxing music, baby massage...

silverthreads
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Has he transitioned to one nap a day after lunch? Make sure your sleep time routine is always the same and gives him the cues it is time to sleep.
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Do you think maybe the pain medication is making him have a hard time to fall asleep?  I think I'd go a more natural route (teethers, frozen juice, etc) instead. 

Otherwise, maybe do some activities that will help make him sleepy... read a book to him in a quiet room, play relaxing music, baby massage...

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I agree!

Quoting amonkeymom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ambcortez
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:38 AM

The medication might be keeping him from sleeping as a side-effect. When mine teethed, I would just rock them until they fell asleep or put them in my bed and lay by them. You can read a book or (if you have a portable internet source) do something online while they rest. Also, walks helped get mine tired. I'd take a walk around the neighborhood while pushing them in strollers and sometimes they'd sleep while we were out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)