Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Two questions....

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 18 Replies

I have started selling avon to make extra money, for our family this is my question though how does anyone have any selling techinques to get more sells for it, what ive been doing i guess has not worked,  my other question, is im currently taking my ged and will be going to school after i pass for cna i was wondering if anyone knew of any places that would let you do like work or something to see how it acutally is and make sure its what you want to do in life.. im not really sure how to word it.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Welcome!

I have a friend who got started in her avon business by selling at retirement homes.  

thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
My advice for the Avon is to put your name and number on bulletin board and Craig's list. Let people come to you. Don't over sell yourself. Avon has good products at smart prices. As for cna work, it is the daily care of elderly. You bathe them, dress them, feed them, change their adult under garments, ect. It's like babysitting for elderly people who can't do stuff on their own. You HAVE to love and respect elderly people. It's a physically demanding job. The best pay is night shift or weekend doubles. Some nursing homes train you on site. It's different from state to state though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I say craigslist! 

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM

good luck.I hope you get some customers soon. Several of my friends and family sell it here and had to stop because too many people are selling it and they dont get any customers.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Same exact thing here.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

good luck.I hope you get some customers soon. Several of my friends and family sell it here and had to stop because too many people are selling it and they dont get any customers.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
With work I'm not really sure.
Pam_8787
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I agree I sold MK and thought about selling Avon but its too many people selling it already. I would definitely use some of the social media sites to help with this. Advertise different promotions or sales you have going on. And build a strong customer base.

I work as a Direct Support Professional and I care for people with developmental disabilities. CNA have a bit more work because they have many people to take care of at a time. And it is daily living skills so feeding, clothing, bathing, cleaning. Have to have patience and its definitely a humbling job. Normally while getting your CNA you will have clinicals that will give you an idea of what the work is like
Ajsmommy2012
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM

or even someone knew any different work at home jobs for moms that would be great maybe ones that dont have a start up fee

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable FBPhotoZoom
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Good luck.
SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Not sure, here is a bump.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN