Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

help settle a argument... dishrags haha

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 42 Replies

My mom drives me nuts when she comes over,  she made a mess in my kitchen, example spills coffee, she uses the rag im using to do dishes with to clean it up, and expects me to use that same rag to finish doing dishes.  To me this is disgusting, She says its normal. What do you moms do? I use clorox wipes to clean messes, and rags only if its a big mess but only use that rag for that. Do you moms use the same rag for multiple things?

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Uh I'd use it for both but then wash when done with the dishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah I would use it like your mom. The water & soap would clean the rag. No biggie. But I am not a germ a phobe either. I think that is one reason people are so sickly & kid/people have so many allergies now ( well it actually has been basically proven as to why that is why ) is because people are so clean anal now. Hand sanitizer ( won't even come in my house ) overly clean, not getting exposed to dirt, illnesses etc. 

klbetts
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I use the same rag to wash dishes and wipe the counters. I don't see why this is a big deal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Most of our moms and grandmothers aren't used to using so much disposable stuff. When we reach for a clorox wipe or paper towel they reach for a dish rag. There's nothing wrong with her doing that. I mean you are using a rag to clean food off of plates and silverware she was cleaning a drink off the counter. Not terribly different. Just a different way of doing it. You would be fine to use the rag to wash your dishes.
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM
This.

Quoting klbetts:

I use the same rag to wash dishes and wipe the counters. I don't see why this is a big deal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I use dish cloths for everything- I don't see the point to buying something I will use once then throw away when our budget is tight.  I can wash the dish cloth and reuse it.

JulesFairy
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
If its not raw meat, mold/bodily fluid, or anything cleaner related, like easy off from the oven, then yes I dont mind wiping then continuing to wash. However, once it hits the trash can, the floor, or anything that I wouldnt want accidentally transferred back on to my dinnerware, that is now a cleaning rag and gets put into the laundry as soon as i am finished cleaning the mess.
The one thing my mother and grandmoher do hat drives me zonky is using the same washcloth two days in a row. I can always smell it after the cloth sits and then I smell it on all my dishes so I only use dishclothes one day then they are tossed into the laundry.
my4loves4
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Im not usually picky, its just when it comes to dishes. I cant stand thinking im eating off a dirty plate

Quoting MichelleMc:

Yeah I would use it like your mom. The water & soap would clean the rag. No biggie. But I am not a germ a phobe either. I think that is one reason people are so sickly & kid/people have so many allergies now ( well it actually has been basically proven as to why that is why ) is because people are so clean anal now. Hand sanitizer ( won't even come in my house ) overly clean, not getting exposed to dirt, illnesses etc. 

jessi2girls
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:46 PM

lol, this.. after the dishes are done, then I wipe down the counter tops..

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Uh I'd use it for both but then wash when done with the dishes.

blueeyes2000
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I use the dishrag for both
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN